Click Here to Print Page

Page Topic: sharing files, printer on a wireless network
-> PC Info and Guides

#1: sharing files, printer on a wireless network Author: debbthLocation: Agassiz, BC PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2008 5:46 pm
    ----
I have a High Speed Cable internet connection to one desk top computer and a wireless connection to another desk top computer and my laptop. I would like to be able to share my files and print files from any of my computers. I know there is a way to do it but I have not been able to figure it out. anyone have suggestions?
Thanks, Debbie

#2: Re: sharing files, printer on a wireless network Author: tjbrnLocation: North Carolina PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2008 8:44 pm
    ----
What operating system are you using? What kind of router? Here is a link to help with sharing printer on Windows XP. www.microsoft.com/wind...july2.mspx
Here is a link about file sharing. compnetworking.about.c...pfiles.htm Both links are for Windows XP. Also be cautious about file sharing as you can open your computer up to everyone if you are careless. Make sure you have an anti-virus program installed along with several other security programs such as Ad-Aware, Spyware Blaster, Spybot Search and Destroy. Use a firewall of some kind. Make sure your router is secure. Most people who use wireless don't use encryption which is problematic as wireless networks are much less secure than wired networks. Just a few things to consider.

-> PC Info and Guides