Click Here to Print Page

Page Topic: Need help with an address please
-> Central Italy

#1: Need help with an address please Author: EmmyLocation: Scotland PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 3:16 pm
    ----
Today I've been all over various sites on the net but tried in vain to find the address of the Catholic Church in Atina (Prov. Frosinone) I've been told the name of the Church is Santa Maria Assunta.
Dont know WHY I cant find the address Embarassed
Be grateful for any help
Emmy

#2: Re: Need help with an address please Author: CaroleLocation: Valtellina - Near Lake Como PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 5:08 pm
    ----
This link gives the churches, and there are some with the right name, but they are in the area[u] of Atina. Have a look and see if any one is what you are looking for! One is the 'Abitazione Del Parroco' even....

>Churches in the area<

#3: Re: Need help with an address please Author: chanchisfea PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 5:26 pm
    ----
Parrocchiale dell'Assunta or Cattedrale di Santa Maria Assunta

Parrocchia Di S. Maria Assunta - Cattedrale
03039 Sora (FR) - Via Zingone Emilio
phone: 0776 830353

Liz Cool

#4: Re: Need help with an address please Author: Cathy PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 6:35 pm
    ----
chanchisfea wrote:
Parrocchiale dell'Assunta or Cattedrale di Santa Maria Assunta

Parrocchia Di S. Maria Assunta - Cattedrale
03039 Sora (FR) - Via Zingone Emilio
phone: 0776 830353

Liz Cool

Zingone?!!! Shocked hide

#5: Re: Need help with an address please Author: CaroleLocation: Valtellina - Near Lake Como PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2008 2:07 am
    ----
Emmy - whille searching for your church I came accross this...coincidence or what? I thought you might like to see it too!

It encompasses Scotland, Toronto, a Czech bride and ATINA! All things that some here on "Gente" know a bit about...

#6: Re: Need help with an address please Author: CaroleLocation: Valtellina - Near Lake Como PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2008 3:15 am
    ----
I've just found the parish church of Santa Maria Assunta IN Atina on Google Earth (my new toy...).

It is situated just behind the main cathedral of the same name in Atina. It's all very confusing, but they are SO close together and it does in fact seem that the smaller one may be for 'everyday prayers'....

www.panoramio.com/photo/1769773

Tell you what though - Google Earth is AWESOME Shocked - it lets me fly anywhere !!!

#7: Re: Need help with an address please Author: EmmyLocation: Scotland PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2008 4:10 am
    ----
Thanks everyone

Liz I'm not sure if that one is the one I'm searching for because the name of the town is Sora but thanks for searching .

Carole I cant find a link to what you mentioned in the previous post about a link with Scotland Toronto the bride and Atina Embarassed

Google Earth was one site I hadnt tried and when I zoomed in it gave the names of some of the streets. The photograph on the left looks like the church I'm searching for. I was inside that Church many years ago.
When I zoomed in on Google Earth it did give the names of the streets one quite close to the pointer was via Preposto may just try that.

Many thanks again to you all for helping. kiss kiss kiss
Emmy

#8: Re: Need help with an address please Author: CaroleLocation: Valtellina - Near Lake Como PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2008 4:31 am
    ----
Sorry Emmy - it's my forgettery again... Here's the link:

>Virtual Italy<

#9: Re: Need help with an address please Author: EmmyLocation: Scotland PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2008 4:47 am
    ----
Thanks Carole
That was very interesting.

You said
Quote::
it's my forgettery again.

Must remember that phrase it sounds much better than saying 'another one of my 'senior' moments!' - Smile Smile Wink
kiss Emmy

#10: Re: Need help with an address please Author: CaroleLocation: Valtellina - Near Lake Como PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2008 6:58 am
    ----
Emmy wrote:
Thanks Carole
That was very interesting.

You said
Quote::
it's my forgettery again.

Must remember that phrase it sounds much better than saying 'another one of my 'senior' moments!' - Smile Smile Wink
kiss Emmy

I made that phrase up some time ago... it has stood me in good stead over time. So much so that I have even won medals and awards for my forgettery. LOL

I never won anything for my memory, so maybe 'someone' is looking over me!

-> Central Italy