Click Here to Print Page

Page Topic: cognomiitaliani website
-> Resource Pages

#1: cognomiitaliani website Author: charliemisLocation: Philadelphia PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2008 4:23 pm
    ----
I came across this website today ---- I couldn't find any of my surnames so far, but it might be of interest to the group:

www.cognomiitaliani.or...index.html

#2: Re: cognomiitaliani website Author: lotus45tiyeLocation: New Jersey PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2008 4:38 pm
    ----
Just went to that site, my mothers' surname is listed, Terranova or Terranouva. Problem is I cannot read Italian.

#3: Re: cognomiitaliani website Author: CaroleLocation: Valtellina - Near Lake Como PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2008 5:00 pm
    ----
lotus45tiye wrote:
Just went to that site, my mothers' surname is listed, Terranova or Terranouva. Problem is I cannot read Italian.

What do you need to read/know?

#4: Re: cognomiitaliani website Author: CaroleLocation: Valtellina - Near Lake Como PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2008 5:06 pm
    ----
I just had a look at the site, and while you can still check surnames, the 'warning' notice posted by the owner is telling of his inability to update his database for the last 17 days due to the service provided by his ADSL telephone company provider (WIND), who it seems are not providing him with a suitable or acceptable service in Italy.

#5: Re: cognomiitaliani website Author: JamesBiancoLocation: Westfield, MA. PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 12:42 am
    ----
lotus45tiye wrote:

Where were your Terranova's from? There are quite a few in Carini (PA)

#6: Re: cognomiitaliani website Author: stevenspringerLocation: Port Jefferson Station, NY PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 1:13 pm
    ----
someone want to translate this?

TAIANO
TAIANI
TAJANI

Taiani è molto raro ed è specifico del salernitano, Tajani, assolutamente rarissimo, potrebbe essere anch'esso campano, Taiano, molto molto raro, è tipico del napoletano ed in parte del salernitano, dovrebbero derivare da nomi di località come Taiano nel teramano.
integrazioni proposte da Angelo Tajani
La famiglia Tajani è originaria di Vietri sul mare in provincia di Salerno. L'origine del cognome, secondo quanto è stato pubblicato da Domenico Tajani nel 1800, risalirebbe ad una tribù, Tayani o Tajani, che dimorava sulla riva orientale del Tigri, tra il piccolo e il grande fiume Zob. Non è da escludere, infatti, che i primi Tajani siano arrivati a Vietri sul mare nei primi anni del Decimo secolo con quei studiosi arabi reclutati da Federico II° per insegnare nella Scuola Medica Salernitana. Sta di fatto che tutti i discendenti di questa famiglia, dal 1400 ad oggi, si sono dedicate alle arti nobili: la produzione della ceramica, della carta e l'ingegneria. Pare, infatti, che un Mattheus Tajanus sia stato il direttore dei lavori del Duomo di Salerno, costruito nella seconda metà dell'anno Mille. La famiglia Tajani annovera Diego Tajani, già Procuratore generale prima a Napoli e poi a Palermo e poi ministro di grazia, giustizia e dei culti, in tre gabinetti presieduti da De Pretis.

#7: Re: cognomiitaliani website Author: CaroleLocation: Valtellina - Near Lake Como PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 6:41 pm
    ----
stevenspringer"[u wrote:
someone want to translate this? [/u] (Please???)

TAIANO
TAIANI
TAJANI

Taiani è molto raro ed è specifico del salernitano, Tajani, assolutamente rarissimo, potrebbe essere anch'esso campano, Taiano, molto molto raro, è tipico del napoletano ed in parte del salernitano, dovrebbero derivare da nomi di località come Taiano nel teramano.
integrazioni proposte da Angelo Tajani

La famiglia Tajani è originaria di Vietri sul mare in provincia di Salerno. L'origine del cognome, secondo quanto è stato pubblicato da Domenico Tajani nel 1800, risalirebbe ad una tribù, Tayani o Tajani, che dimorava sulla riva orientale del Tigri, tra il piccolo e il grande fiume Zob. Non è da escludere, infatti, che i primi Tajani siano arrivati a Vietri sul mare nei primi anni del Decimo secolo con quei studiosi arabi reclutati da Federico II° per insegnare nella Scuola Medica Salernitana. Sta di fatto che tutti i discendenti di questa famiglia, dal 1400 ad oggi, si sono dedicate alle arti nobili: la produzione della ceramica, della carta e l'ingegneria. Pare, infatti, che un Mattheus Tajanus sia stato il direttore dei lavori del Duomo di Salerno, costruito nella seconda metà dell'anno Mille. La famiglia Tajani annovera Diego Tajani, già Procuratore generale prima a Napoli e poi a Palermo e poi ministro di grazia, giustizia e dei culti, in tre gabinetti presieduti da De Pretis.

Taiani is very rare and specific to the Salerno region, Tajani, exceptionally rare, could also be from Campania, Taiano, very very rare, an typical Neapolitan and in part from Salerno region, it should derive from the names of localities like Taiano in the Teramo region.
rider proposed by Angelo Tajani

The Tajani family originating in Vetri sul Mare in the province of Salerno. The origin of the surname, according to what has been published by Domenico Tajani in 1800, arises from a tribe Tayani o Tajani, that lived on the banks of the River Tigris in the east, between the little and large River Zob.
It cannot in fact be excluded that the first Tajani arrived in Vetri sul Mare in the first years of the tenth century with those scholarly arabs recruited from Frederick II° to teach in the Medica Salernitana School. It is a fact that all the descendants of this family, since 1400 to today, are dedicated to the noble arts: the production of ceramics, of paper and engineering. It seems, in fact, that a Mattheus Tajanus was the dirtctor of works on the Duomo ofSalerno, built in the second half of the year One Thousand. The Tajani family listed Diego Tajani, already the first Director General in Naples, then in Palermo and then Minister of Justice and Mercy and of the
worship, in three cabinets presided over by the De Pretis.

#8: Re: cognomiitaliani website Author: AetherLocation: Americas, Italy PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 7:24 pm
    ----
Re: Taiano, Taiani, Tahani.

Carole,

Would you permit me to go over this translation?

Aether

#9: Re: cognomiitaliani website Author: CaroleLocation: Valtellina - Near Lake Como PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 7:26 pm
    ----
If you want to. Is it that bad? Go ahead! It's all yours...

#10: Re: cognomiitaliani website Author: AetherLocation: Americas, Italy PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 11:57 pm
    ----
Carole,

Not bad, just a few things. I am busy hosting bridge at home, and as soon as I can I will go over it. New Conventions!!!

Abbracci,

Aether

#11: Re: cognomiitaliani website Author: stevenspringerLocation: Port Jefferson Station, NY PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2008 10:08 am
    ----
[quote="Carole"]
stevenspringer"[u wrote:
someone want to translate this? [/u] (Please???)

[/color]

sorry hide thank you

#12: Re: cognomiitaliani website Author: CaroleLocation: Valtellina - Near Lake Como PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2008 10:19 am
    ----
Hang on before you thank me Steven - seems as if my translation isn't a good one... Sad

Hopefully you will get a 'proper' one from Aether shortly! giornale

#13: Re: cognomiitaliani website Author: liviomorenoLocation: Rome (Italy) PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2008 10:52 am
    ----
Carole wrote:
Hang on before you thank me Steven - seems as if my translation isn't a good one... Sad

Hopefully you will get a 'proper' one from Aether shortly! giornale

I can't wait Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

#14: Re: cognomiitaliani website Author: AetherLocation: Americas, Italy PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2008 11:41 am
    ----
Carole,
With your kind permission I am herewith posting my translation of the Italian text.
Thank you,
Aether

Taiani is very rare and limited to the “salernitano”; Tajani is the rarest and could possibly be “campano”. Taiano which is extremely rare is typical of the “Napoletano” and partially of the “Salernitano”. It is probably derived from the names of places such as Taiano in the Teramano. The integration of the surnames* was proposed by Angelo Tajani.

The Tajani Family has its origins in Vetri sul Mare, in the Province of Salerno.

The origin of the surnames, as published in 1800 by Domenico Tajani, may be traced to a clan Tayani, or Tajani that lived on the east bank of the river Tigris, between the Upper and the Lower River Zab.

It cannot be dismissed that the original Tajani settled in Vetri sul Mare in the first years of the 10th Century arriving with those learned Arabs, recruited by Frederick II, to teach at the “Scuola Medica Salernitana”.**

It is well established that all the descendants of this family - from the 1400s to today - have devoted themselves to worthy activities: the manufacturing of ceramics and of paper, and engineering. It is accurately recorded that a Mattheus Tajanus was the building supervisor of the Duomo di Salerno, built in the second half of the year 1000.***
The Tajani Family includes Diego Tajani**** , a General Public Prosecutor, first in Naples, and later in Palermo. Afterward he was “Procuratore Generale della Corte d’Apello di Palermo” during the three terms under the Presidency of DePretis.*****

*Translator’s Note: The integration refers to the various dialectal forms of the surname Tajani. Thus, the Salernitano, Napoletano, Campano and Teramo are the various dialects that changed the spelling of the surname Tajani. The spelling of the names does not refer to the geographical location.

** Translator’s Note: The statement is historically incorrect. Frederick II,
Holy Roman Emperor lived from 1194 to 1250. His reconstruction
of the “Scuola Medica Salernitana” began in 1232.

***Translator’s Note: The actual date is 1080-1085).

**** Translator’s Note: Diego Tajani as the ex-Procuratore Generale della Corte d’Appello di Palermo (General Public Prosecutor of the Court of Appeal of Palermo), made the sensational revelation of the collusion between the Mafia and the police. This had serious political repercussions for the period. (Indro Montanelli in “L’Italia dei Notabili.)

***** See Indro Montanelli, L’Italia dei Notabili in regard to DePretis.

#15: Re: cognomiitaliani website Author: liviomorenoLocation: Rome (Italy) PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2008 12:23 pm
    ----
Aether wrote:

The Tajani Family includes Diego Tajani**** , a General Public Prosecutor, first in Naples, and later in Palermo. Afterward he was “Procuratore Generale della Corte d’Apello di Palermo” during the three terms under the Presidency of DePretis.

According to the original post from Stevenspringer, Diego Tajani was "ministro di grazia, giustizia e dei culti, in tre gabinetti presieduti da De Pretis." which I believe translates to "Minister of Justice and Mercy and of the worship, in three cabinets presided over by the De Pretis"
Razz Razz Razz

-> Resource Pages