Click Here to Print Page

Page Topic: News article - LOCRI!
-> General Discussion Groups

#1: News article - LOCRI! Author: CaroleLocation: Valtellina - Near Lake Como PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 3:45 am
    ----
I stumbled accross this news article this morning when searching for something about the Festa of San Giuseppe Lavoratori (1st May - aka Workers/Labour Day).

It is all in Italian I'm afraid and is from 2006, but may be of interest to some...

Locri - Battle against the Mafia

In the first part of the article is says:
"Con lo slogan "Lavoro - Sviluppo - Costituzione - Libertà - Contro le mafie" sarà Locri a ospitare la manifestazione nazionale dei sindacati confederali per il Primo maggio."

which says...
With the slogan "Work - Growth - Constitution - Freedom - Against the Mafia" it is Locri that will accommodate the national demonstration of the federation of (trade) unions for the First of May."

#2: Re: News article - LOCRI! Author: Cathy PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 11:45 am
    ----
Um, maybe I should be nicer to Nuccia! Shocked hide

#3: Re: News article - LOCRI! Author: MikeSavoca91 PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 12:36 pm
    ----
Cathy wrote:
Um, maybe I should be nicer to Nuccia! Shocked hide

Good idea!! Mr. Green hide

#4: Re: News article - LOCRI! Author: nucciaLocation: Toronto, Ontario, Canada PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 2:35 pm
    ----
Yea..maybe you both should!!!

Wink

#5: Re: News article - LOCRI! Author: JamesBiancoLocation: Westfield, MA. PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 3:05 pm
    ----
I'm not afraid, My Carinese can take Nooch's Locri-ese any day!!

Cool

#6: Re: News article - LOCRI! Author: MikeSavoca91 PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 3:45 pm
    ----
Oh boy...we are going to have a vendetta on our hands!

#7: Re: News article - LOCRI! Author: Cathy PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 3:57 pm
    ----
Ok children - play nice!! Wink hide

#8: Re: News article - LOCRI! Author: CaroleLocation: Valtellina - Near Lake Como PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 5:08 pm
    ----
Hahaha.... Let's put this article into context shall we before you're all hiding under the furniture...(but I can't speak for where Nuccia fits in I'm afraid) Wink

The preamble to the bit I translated says THIS:

Sunday, 30 aprile, 2006
A strong signal against the mafia, a message of hope and of a rebirth of the territory. With the slogan "Work - Growth - Constitution - Freedom - Against the Mafia" it is Locri that will accommodate the national demonstration of the federation of (trade) unions for the First of May." A strong signal after the murder of the Vice President of the calabrese regional Council Francesco Fortugno, the mobilisation without precedent against the 'ndrangheta**. But we are not dealing with a revolution from the lower clearly-defined subjects just in Locri with the famous students slogan "well then kill kill us all", but it embraces numrous examples of active citizenship, of social co-operation and economic solidarity that animates the whole of Calabria.

**'ndrangheta (a Calabrian criminal organization similar to the Mafia).

#9: Re: News article - LOCRI! Author: nucciaLocation: Toronto, Ontario, Canada PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 5:11 pm
    ----
JamesBianco wrote:
I'm not afraid, My Carinese can take Nooch's Locri-ese any day!!

Cool

Wanna bet???? Bring it on...Jimmy!

lol lol lol lol

#10: Re: News article - LOCRI! Author: nucciaLocation: Toronto, Ontario, Canada PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 5:26 pm
    ----
oops..sorry Carole..do we have to be serious here?

-> General Discussion Groups