Click Here to Print Page

Page Topic: Mammoni
-> General Discussion Groups

#1: Mammoni Author: JamesBiancoLocation: Westfield, MA. PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2008 7:15 pm
    ----
This is for you Italian-American wives, who think their husbands pay a little too much attention to their mothers.

Mammoni

Yikes!

(my ex-wife always said I put my mom in front of her...)

hide

#2: Re: Mammoni Author: CaroleLocation: Valtellina - Near Lake Como PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2008 8:03 pm
    ----
This is oh SO true.... the average Italian guy is almost incapable of even boiling water - but many of the young girls are the same too. Their mothers don't allow - or expect - their children to do ANYTHING in the home...

Needless to say, that is NOT, and NEVER was my way of dealing with my family! But the British 'culture' is aimed (rightly or wrongly) at teaching independence and financial/economic budgeting abilities to our children. The average Italian youngster undertsands non of that!

So - go figure!!!!

#3: Re: Mammoni Author: nucciaLocation: Toronto, Ontario, Canada PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2008 9:24 pm
    ----
Interesting subject James. All wives think their husbands put their mothers in front of them...thats just being a wife. Mothers aren't as bad as interfering sisters though...

(This is where I walk away before I say something I WON'T regret...

#4: Re: Mammoni Author: gogangaLocation: North Italy PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2008 3:42 pm
    ----
JamesBianco wrote:
This is for you Italian-American wives, who think their husbands pay a little too much attention to their mothers.

Well... it's not so wrong, as some years ago I had to deal first with his mother and then with him.
I also was wondering if I was engaged to him or to his mother, as every decision was subordinate to her.

#5: Re: Mammoni Author: MauroMagsLocation: New Jersey PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2008 4:51 pm
    ----
well, in defense of the American "mammoni," i know a few Wink the housing situations are usually economical. Sometimes owning is not an option, so might as well stay home rather then throwing money away on rent.

What blows my mind is that the Italian men featured in the report OWNED luxury apartments themselves but did not live in them!!! They must like living off of mom & dad's pensione!

-> General Discussion Groups