Click Here to Print Page

Page Topic: Where is EVeryone???
-> General Discussion Groups

#16: Re: Where is EVeryone??? Author: AetherLocation: Americas, Italy PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 3:40 am
    ----
Nuccia,

You mention that originally only 'Genealogy' would be posted in "Gente... and all other subjects in "Amici...' I believe it is a reasonable idea.

I agree, I was concerned about posting a recipe in "Gente...' too trivial.

On the other hand, although I consider Vital Records a part of Genealogy, it is not the total science of Genealogy.

For instance - I found very interesting Mike's post about his family because it set his grandparents in the social, political and economic conditions during the war time in Croatia, thus providing a better understanding of his family, and the reasons for living their country, even to face again many problems while adjusting to a new culture, learning a new language etc. And how it affected the next generation.

I consider that information of great social and historical value, thus aiding a genealogical study of that area, and of the succeeding generations.

Humans are not only born, get married and die. Conditions affect their lives, and of their descendants, and even their numbers.

I may be too off chart for "Gente di Mare". However, Gente di Mare says a lot more to me!

Just my thoughts...

Sophia kiss

-> General Discussion Groups