Click Here to Print Page

Page Topic: Quitting smoking pointers....
-> General Discussion Groups

#31: Re: Quitting smoking pointers.... Author: Cathy PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 5:07 am
    ----
wldspirit wrote:
Nuccia.....we talked about this earlier in the year, of course I failed....but now with so many of us......why not give it another shot??

And think of the extra money to be saved!!! Had I done this two years ago....I already would have been to Italy and back again....... Embarassed

As for being a "moody witch" with a capital B....I've been one all week.....so I might as well have another reason to play Oscar the Grouch...

And with Lou's recent heart problems, well it's just another motivator.....
like James said, never give up trying......WE CAN DO THIS!!!!!
Lee
I feel left out. Sad I need to quit too. I have 8 packs left (I buy by the carton - $40 per carton $6 - $7 per pack - saves a lot of $$) Maybe I can try again too. OK - any tips on reducing stress so I can try to make a real go of it?

#32: Re: Quitting smoking pointers.... Author: wldspiritLocation: Usa PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 5:27 am
    ----
Here's a great motivator to quit NOW......aside from the time share Biff is going to arrange for us...... Very Happy

stoptheFETincrease.com

You know congress is going to get their way, which means cigarettes are going UP by $6.10 a carton!!!

We can all do this....as for the stress, I ate Twizzlers before.....it helped replaced the feeling of having something in my hand. But honestly, it wasn't the nicotine that got me, it was the habit itself......Come on Cathy,
think of those sandy beaches in Italia..... Razz
Lee

#33: Re: Quitting smoking pointers.... Author: Biff83Location: Florida PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 6:53 am
    ----
What those of you who are trying to quit need to do is lean on each other for support. I think most of you are on Skype--call each other, post something here, tell each other what helps you, do whatever it takes to help each other quit. The non-smokers and ex-smokers will help any way we can.
In the meantime, I'm trying to locate a good real estate agent in Italy.
giornale

Biff

#34: Re: Quitting smoking pointers.... Author: wldspiritLocation: Usa PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 7:00 am
    ----
Did you read that Cathy..."real estate agent"....LOL.....our time share is on the horizon...... party
Lee

#35: Re: Quitting smoking pointers.... Author: Cathy PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 10:48 am
    ----
My last vice...OK. I'll give it a try. When my carton is gone I will be crabby but I can do it. After all I cannot be the only smoker here Embarassed
That gives me several days to psych myself up. So if I am crabby by the end of the week forgive me.
Time share...hmmm
www.sunshineestates.ne...labria.asp

I vote for this one!!!

#36: Re: Quitting smoking pointers.... Author: wldspiritLocation: Usa PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 12:21 pm
    ----
Oh yeah.......count me in....and right on the beach, woo-hoo!!!!

Don't worry...we can all do this, we have a great team here to cheer each other on..... lol
Lee

#37: Re: Quitting smoking pointers.... Author: Cathy PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 12:31 pm
    ----
I thought you might like that. They are actually not that expensive. Townhouses on the beach. I wonder if they come with the beach chairs and umbrellas? I am staking my claim on the chair on the right!! Smile
That would make a much better reunion!!

#38: Re: Quitting smoking pointers.... Author: nucciaLocation: Toronto, Ontario, Canada PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 1:05 pm
    ----
Ask me tomorrow if I'm going to be crabby..if this afternoon was any indication of what I'm going to become, then you guys won't be seeing me for a while! neclord

#39: Re: Quitting smoking pointers.... Author: Cathy PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 1:49 pm
    ----
hide We love you anyway - crabby or not! *ducks slipper* peep

#40: Re: something to do to pass the time... Author: AlessandraLocation: Naples - Italy PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 2:37 am
    ----
JamesBianco wrote:
I am trying to find things to do to make me not think about smoking, like cook... about the only thing I am good at baking is my Cherry Cheesecake (I even crush my own graham crackers by hand). The different thing is that the cherries are inside the cake, my family goes nuts for it, and since I need to occupy myself a bit more than usual I made two of these last night...

yeap ... Riccardo was spot on, the weight should start piling on now...

(I am 6' 150 so it might take a while, think of all the fun I can have in the mean time!)

Very Happy
James this Cheesecake seems me fantastic! I would like to eat him!!!

#41: Re: Quitting smoking pointers.... Author: Gina501Location: Houston, Texas PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 12:17 pm
    ----
WOW! I am so proud of you all!! I can't believe it!

And now....I have to quit something too. So.....since you have all given up smoking, I will give up MOVING!

Oh, and count me in on the beach house in Italy!

#42: Re: Quitting smoking pointers.... Author: nucciaLocation: Toronto, Ontario, Canada PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 5:59 pm
    ----
Don't be too proud yet Gina..I won't tell you how much I ended up finally smoking yesterday once everything started to crash!

See..I can never plan anything..something always goes wrong!

-> General Discussion Groups