Click Here to Print Page

Page Topic: A couple of places...
-> General Discussion Groups

#1: A couple of places... Author: CaroleLocation: Valtellina - Near Lake Como PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2008 3:18 am
    ----
Just as a point of interest I thought you may like to see a couple of places I took my visitors to see yesterday.
Unfortunately it was overcast and later began to rain, but with the spray from the 'cascata' (waterfall) at Piuro, that didn't make a lot of difference... Mind you, in comparison with Niagara - this is just a trckle I guess.

The river, here seen running through the gully between the houses is at Chiavenna near the Swiss border.

#2: Re: A couple of places... Author: lilbeesLocation: Georgia, USA PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2008 8:48 am
    ----
The natural beauty of the area surpasses Niagara which is relatively flat.

Thank you for posting the pictures.

lilbees

#3: Re: A couple of places... Author: JamesBiancoLocation: Westfield, MA. PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2008 9:49 am
    ----
Those pictures are beautiful Carole!! I agree Niagra falls can't compare (even though it is certainly larger).

Thanks for posting these.

Very Happy

#4: Re: A couple of places... Author: BillieDeKidLocation: Illinois PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2008 9:53 am
    ----
Beautiful Carole, thanks for posting.

#5: Re: A couple of places... Author: charliemisLocation: Philadelphia PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2008 12:37 pm
    ----
Beautiful pictures Carole ----- I have stayed in Como and Locarno (many, many years ago) and more recently in Lugano.......are you in the same general area?? Unfortunately years ago when I stayed in Como, my Italian wasn't so good and I ended up riding on the ferry boat around the entire Lago di Como ---- but there were lots of neat towns along the way

#6: Re: A couple of places... Author: Cathy PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2008 1:07 pm
    ----
Beautiful pictures! Sigh...makes me want to go there even more. Crying or Very sad

#7: Re: A couple of places... Author: CaroleLocation: Valtellina - Near Lake Como PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2008 7:59 am
    ----
Just to make you all a bit more jealous... this was yesterday - food and all....

This was farther down the lake, looking east - just above where George Cloony has his villa at Laglio!

The food is as follows:
1. Rack of Sardinian lamb with fresh vegetables.
2. Breast of duck with fresh vegetables.
3. Tagliatelle with asparagus tips and prawns in butter!

#8: Re: A couple of places... Author: nucciaLocation: Toronto, Ontario, Canada PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2008 9:09 am
    ----
OMG Carole, even at 8 am I would kill to be sitting there enjoying that view and eating that meal. Glad you all are having fun and that the rain finally let up. Hope to talk to you later.

-> General Discussion Groups