Click Here to Print Page

Page Topic: anyone know where i can find this Saint medallion
-> General Discussion Groups

#16: Re: anyone know where i can find this Saint medallion Author: AetherLocation: Americas, Italy PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 10:30 pm
    ----
This site mentioned by Carole, has an e-mail address - right there in blue color, also it has in another page the name of the priest asking for donations, because they are going through a difficult time and may even have to cancel the procession!

Yes it is in dialect, not difficult to grasp.

If does not work write to the Bishop in Matera.

Aether

#17: Re: anyone know where i can find this Saint medallion Author: stevenspringerLocation: Port Jefferson Station, NY PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2008 12:05 am
    ----
i tried emailing the email posted on the website and got a delivery failed notice Sad

#18: Re: anyone know where i can find this Saint medallion Author: AetherLocation: Americas, Italy PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2008 12:38 am
    ----
steven...
OK, Later on, oh gosh it is already about 9.30 p.m! I will try to find some info. for you. Can you hold together for a few more hours?
Sophia
hide

#19: Re: anyone know where i can find this Saint medallion Author: AetherLocation: Americas, Italy PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2008 2:31 am
    ----
Steven...
Here it is all I could find:
www.comune.grassano.mt...assano.pdf

Open and scroll down to pages 12 and 13. There is text in English.

1-The statue of Sant'Innocenzo is in the Chiesa Madre San Giovanni Battista in Via Chiesa. SEE Page 13 =You can print the picture of his statue in colors!

In Pagine Bianchi e Pagine Gialli - no tel. listed for the Church.

2-The "Diocesi" = The Bishop is in Comune di Tricarico. Check Pagine B & G for Diocesi, if you find ask where to get the medal. Or the name of the priest in Grassano.
Other info:
Nicola Bonelli, Sindaco phone: 0835 527841 ask operator for area code for It. and Mt. place it before 0835....

Associazione Culturale "Crassanum"- Filippo Luberto, Assessore alla Cultura e Sport, Comune di Grassano.

Pro loco- Informazione turistiche 0835 5279699

It seems to me that the Chiesa Madre is without funds, so...

I am not sure when I will be in Italy, if by that time you still do not have the medal I will see what I can do.

At least you can print the picture of his statue!.

Sophia Wink

#20: Re: anyone know where i can find this Saint medallion Author: AetherLocation: Americas, Italy PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2008 2:47 am
    ----
Steven...
ALSO the site mentioned by Poipu04 has already an address where to write:

Comitato Festa Patronale, Sant'Innocenzo
73014 Grassano (Mt) ITALIA.

The festa patronale goes from Sept 20 to 24 . dates varies.

All in all this is OK, the priest is even asking for donations. Try send some euros. I had ot seen this post!!!

Sophia neclord

#21: Re: anyone know where i can find this Saint medallion Author: stevenspringerLocation: Port Jefferson Station, NY PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2008 8:07 pm
    ----
thanks for the help Smile i will try sending a letter, i dont really speak good italian. I know some but not enough to ask for the medal and/or card

#22: Re: anyone know where i can find this Saint medallion Author: nucciaLocation: Toronto, Ontario, Canada PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2008 11:13 pm
    ----
Steven,

Why don't to write a short letter in English and I'm sure someone here can translate it for you.

#23: Re: anyone know where i can find this Saint medallion Author: AetherLocation: Americas, Italy PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2008 10:43 am
    ----
Steven...

In the mean time go to the site, and page 13 and make a copy of the picture. The sculpture is very nice. I may make a copy for myself.

Aether Wink

#24: Re: anyone know where i can find this Saint medallion Author: stevenspringerLocation: Port Jefferson Station, NY PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2008 10:43 am
    ----
nuccia wrote:
Steven,

Why don't to write a short letter in English and I'm sure someone here can translate it for you.
Ok, Will do, I just gotta think of it and word it right Smile thank you kiss

#25: Re: anyone know where i can find this Saint medallion Author: stevenspringerLocation: Port Jefferson Station, NY PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2008 7:28 pm
    ----
ok, i went to a religious store, They use Bliss and NOTHING, they searched the book and nothing came up, they said they dont make em

#26: Re: anyone know where i can find this Saint medallion Author: Poipu04Location: Connecticut PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2008 9:55 am
    ----
I would still write to the address, put a little money in the envelope as a donation, and even if they don't have a medal, I bet they will send you a prayer card or something.

#27: Re: anyone know where i can find this Saint medallion Author: stevenspringerLocation: Port Jefferson Station, NY PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2008 12:53 pm
    ----
Poipu04 wrote:
I would still write to the address, put a little money in the envelope as a donation, and even if they don't have a medal, I bet they will send you a prayer card or something.

yeah i think thats my best bet

-> General Discussion Groups