Click Here to Print Page

Page Topic: Casali Di Roccapiemonte Birthplace???
-> General Discussion Groups

#1: Casali Di Roccapiemonte Birthplace??? Author: lilbeesLocation: Georgia, USA PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2008 9:45 am
    ----
Ever since I received my great grandfather's death record from Tunisia, I have been really confused. The document indicated his place of origination was "Castellamare di Roch". As I have since learned there is no such town.

I wrote to Castellammare di Stabia and Castellamare de Golfo hoping in the off chance that one of these would be the actual birth location. No luck!

After someone recently posted a website "The Italian Land Finder" I began a town search with lots of variations that I could not try on other websites. The closest I have come to what was written in the document was "Casali Di Roccapiemonte". Maybe not exact, but close.

Would it be the place I would write for possible documents rather than Roccapiemonte itself?

Any suggestions would be appreciated. Don't mind writing and don't mind waiting but this would be a new direction for me.

Thanks to everyone

lilbees

#2: Re: Casali Di Roccapiemonte Birthplace??? Author: Biff83Location: Florida PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2008 10:43 am
    ----
From what I've found on the following web site,
www.italyworldclub.com/
Casali is a hamlet in the town of Roccapiemonte; so you would need to write to the comune of Roccapiemonte for records.

Biff

#3: Re: Casali Di Roccapiemonte Birthplace??? Author: lilbeesLocation: Georgia, USA PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2008 11:44 am
    ----
Have already written to Roccapiemonte. Still waiting for more information. But thanks again.

lilbees

-> General Discussion Groups