Click Here to Print Page

Page Topic: Got to wake myself up!
-> General Discussion Groups

#1: Got to wake myself up! Author: CaroleLocation: Valtellina - Near Lake Como PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 2:09 am
    ----
It's no good... I'm dozing off here.
Unfortunately "Gente" like most of the other forums I visit is just sooooo quiet at the moment!

What we need is some 'inconsequential genealogical chatter...' (is there such a thing do you think?)

Now this is just an idea so don't kick me if you don't agree - But while I know we have a super Surname Database, what we aren't able to see (at a glance) are the names that individual members are researching. Now if these were always 'in the forefront' then passing viewers would/could/might recognise one or more name and - there...a contact is formed!

I've seen this work really well on other sites and for that reason I'm putting the names that I'm researching as part of my signature. (See below!)

So - come on... what are your thoughts on this idea?

#2: Re: Got to wake myself up! Author: lilbeesLocation: Georgia, USA PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 8:05 am
    ----
I think that is a great idea! Will set my signature line up today.

lilbees

#3: Re: Got to wake myself up! Author: nucciaLocation: Toronto, Ontario, Canada PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 12:46 pm
    ----
ooooo..

I like this idea too! Will set mine up today.

#4: Re: Got to wake myself up! Author: Poipu04Location: Connecticut PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 3:49 pm
    ----
That sounds like a great idea, Carole! You are right, it is quiet in here today! Did you see the new page I added to my site? www.celenzaheritage.co...torno.html I have to add my own story, but it is a start. How is that for idle genealogy chatter ;)?

#5: Re: Got to wake myself up! Author: CaroleLocation: Valtellina - Near Lake Como PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 4:21 pm
    ----
Poipu04 wrote:
That sounds like a great idea, Carole! You are right, it is quiet in here today! Did you see the new page I added to my site? www.celenzaheritage.co...torno.html I have to add my own story, but it is a start. How is that for idle genealogy chatter ;)?

That is a great site you've built there Lori, and a great accolade to the bravery of your ancestors. I'm really looking forward to your 'own' story. Don't be too long writing it for us now...
Smile Smile Smile

#6: Re: Got to wake myself up! Author: Poipu04Location: Connecticut PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 4:55 pm
    ----
Thanks, Carole! I think it is important to let people know of the emotional bond that remains in their ancestral home. Sometimes we American always look ahead and never turn back. But it is important to remember the past, the good and the bad.

By the way, how did you change your signature line to get the research names in there?

#7: Re: Got to wake myself up! Author: CaroleLocation: Valtellina - Near Lake Como PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 5:29 pm
    ----
Quote::
By the way, how did you change your signature line to get the research names in there?

Go to 'My Account' (l/h side bar at the top)

Open: My profile information

Add what you want to in the 'Signature' box at the bottom, then click on SAVE CHANGES. That's all there is to it!

#8: Re: Got to wake myself up! Author: LucaLocation: Terni - Italy PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 6:12 pm
    ----
Credo Carole che non ti convenga usare il colore blu per evidenziare i cognomi: il nero è, secondo me, più leggibile.
Btw: sei cugina di Mike ... Tyson? ( Mr. Green )

Luca

#9: Re: Got to wake myself up! Author: tjbrnLocation: North Carolina PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2008 8:29 am
    ----
Quote::
Btw: sei cugina di Mike ... Tyson? Mr. Green

I love translator's humor!

#10: Re: Got to wake myself up! Author: CaroleLocation: Valtellina - Near Lake Como PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2008 11:43 am
    ----
Luca wrote:
Credo Carole che non ti convenga usare il colore blu per evidenziare i cognomi: il nero è, secondo me, più leggibile.
Btw: sei cugina di Mike ... Tyson? ( Mr. Green )

Luca

Beh - ascolti 'signorino'.... I LIKE blue....

And beware, I 'may' have some links with the Tyson's, but I DON'T bite ears - just legs!!!

#11: Re: Got to wake myself up! Author: Cathy PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2008 12:00 pm
    ----
Very funny! Wink
Poipu: I love your new page and would love to know how you got that translation widget! My Argentinians and Italians would love a good translator on my sites.

#12: Re: Got to wake myself up! Author: LucaLocation: Terni - Italy PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2008 5:10 pm
    ----
Carole wrote:
Beh - ascolti 'signorino'.... I LIKE blue....
Oh, non metto in dubbio il suo amore per il blu; purtroppo, però, devo contraddirla nuovamente: con mio sommo dispiacere è un bel po' di tempo che... NON sono più signorino ( Cool )

Luca

#13: Re: Got to wake myself up! Author: Poipu04Location: Connecticut PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2008 6:01 pm
    ----
Cathy, I actually looked for the widget because of you! LOL. I remember one of your users requested a translation of the pages and that is way beyond my skill. Check this out: translate.google.com/t...late_tools

It may not be perfect but it does help.

-> General Discussion Groups