Click Here to Print Page

Page Topic: Need a little help please
-> Translations

#1: Need a little help please Author: EmmyLocation: Scotland PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2008 12:56 pm
    ----
I would be grateful if someone could check the following for me I've tried to take parts from other letters I've had translated. I'm writing to the parish priest in Atina to get a copy of the original birth certifcate[u] of my father-in-law who died a good few years ago. I did get a copy of his birth certifcate from the comune in Atina but it was an exract and I do want to find out if there would be anymore information on the original document for if there's not then I'm up against a blank wall here!

Reverendissimo Parroco
Chiesa Catedrale
Santa Maria Assunta
Piazza Maggiore
Atina (Fr) 03042
Italy

Reverendo Padre

Sono (my name), residente in Scozia, Regno Unito.

Le sarei grata se potesse inviarmi le copie integrali degli atti di nascita of my late husband's father. (Could I just say father-in-law?)

Il nome del padre:----------------------- nato------------------

Allego una copia del mio documento d'identità.

Ringraziando anticipatamente, porgo cordiali saluti

Do I have to include/say anything else?

Thank you
Emmy

#2: Re: Need a little help please Author: JamesBiancoLocation: Westfield, MA. PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 7:06 am
    ----
Emmy I believe you are trying to write for his Baptismal record? They would be far less detailed than the civil record. Essentially the only information recorded (typically) would be the date of baptism and birth, names of parents and names of godparents. And the church is going to send you an extract of what THEY have, never a copy of the original.

I believe you can order a copy of a full photocopied birth record from the Province Archivio. I did this for my great-gr-gr grandfather from Messina (it hasn't arrived yet). That would (naturally) include everything on the original civil record, the best you could hope for.

Jim
Very Happy

#3: Re: Need a little help please Author: EmmyLocation: Scotland PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 7:27 am
    ----
Thanks James
I thought I would get a copy of the birth act similar to what is on the films at the Family History Centres, which would contain information about his baptism too.
I thought the birth acts that were filmed for use at the Family History Centres were taken from the original ones kept at the Church Embarassed
Back to the drawing board yet again!!
Emmy

-> Translations