Click Here to Print Page

Page Topic: Facebook
-> Translations

#1: Facebook Author: MikeSavoca91 PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 5:27 pm
    ----
Hi all,

I got an email from a girl named Alessandra about a group I started on facebook about my family tree. She sent me this email, and I could use a hand with it's translation. Could anyone help? Thanks all!

Mike

Ciao Mike,
Ho trovato il tuo gruppo molto interessante, per questo ti vengo a dare delle informazioni sulla mia famiglia paterna che porta il tuo stesso nome. Mio padre si chiama Salvatore Savoca, è nato a Motta Camastra. Suo padre si chiamava Carmelo Savoca e sua madre, Carmela Filippello, hanno avuto 12 figli che ora (per quelli che sono ancora in vita) habitano a Francavilla di Sicilia (vicino Castiglione), Passopisciaro, Mittoggio e Giradini Naxos.

Vivo a Ginevra, ma i miei genitori stanno a Francavilla, perciò, se vuoi più dettagli dimmelo, cercherò di averli.

Ciao

Alessandra

kiss Very Happy

#2: Re: Facebook Author: Poipu04Location: Connecticut PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 11:34 pm
    ----
Oh, I could try. LOL. It is rough of course, and Carole and the others will do it more properly.

Hi, Mike, I have found your group very interesting, for this reason, I come to give you information on my paternal family who carries your same name. My father is named Salvatore Savoca, he was born in Motta Camastra. His father was named Carmela Savoca and his mother, Carmela F., had 12 children that now (for those that are still alive) live in Francavilla of Sicily (near Castiglione), Pass., Mitt., and Gir. Naxos.

I live in Ginevra, but my parents are in Francavilla, so, if want more details, tell me, I will look . . . (Ok Mike, this is not a great translation...but I tried!)

#3: Re: Facebook Author: Cathy PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 11:52 pm
    ----
OMG - is that our Alessandra from Naples? Who used to be a member of the "old" Gente?

#4: Re: Facebook Author: CaroleLocation: Valtellina - Near Lake Como PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 1:06 am
    ----
Poipu04 wrote:
Oh, I could try. LOL. It is rough of course, and Carole and the others will do it more properly.

Hi, Mike, I have found your group very interesting, for this reason, I come to give you information on my paternal family who carries your same name. My father is named Salvatore Savoca, he was born in Motta Camastra. His father was named Carmela Savoca and his mother, Carmela F., had 12 children that now (for those that are still alive) live in Francavilla in Sicily (near Castiglione), Pass., Mitt., and Gir. Naxos.

I live in Ginevra is GENEVA in Switzerland!, but my parents are in Francavilla, so, if want more details, tell me, I will look . . . (Ok Mike, this is not a great translation...but I tried!)

A very good translation Lori... well done. Two points of difference - one insignificante and the other 'could' be important - so maybe she's not our Alessandra...

#5: Re: Facebook Author: MikeSavoca91 PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 5:22 am
    ----
Thank you Lori! You did a great job, I sort of got the idea of what she was saying, but wasn't sure enough to try a reply. Speaking of which, when I think of one I will post it. THanks for the help ladies, as always you are the best! kiss

#6: Re: Facebook Author: Poipu04Location: Connecticut PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 12:06 pm
    ----
Thanks, Carole! LOL, I did not know what Ginerva was. I learn alot by giving the translation a best guess and then comparing it with your proper translation. kiss

-> Translations