Click Here to Print Page

Page Topic: help for a newbie!
-> Where do I begin?

#16: Re: help for a newbie! Author: BillieDeKidLocation: Illinois PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 4:46 pm
    ----
Michele -

Do you know what church Angelo (Arcangelo) and Rosaria attended? You might be able to check the church records and find out where they were from (might be on the childrens baptismal records). And if you know what funeral home was used when they died check with them, they should have town of birth and parents names listed. That's how I found out what my great grandmothers name and great grandfathers name was.

I'm still searching, haven't given up yet.

#17: Re: help for a newbie! Author: scarecrow66 PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 5:05 pm
    ----
Elizabeth,

I look at the link you sent me. Gosh, you have been so helpful, and I feel really bad, but none of those places sound familiar at all!!! The only thing I EVER remember my dad saying is that his "family" was Bruzeze (sp) and Calabreze...... I figured he was always referring to different regions in Italy, but he never mentioned which ones because he didn't know. I thought Calabreze was from Calabria, but I am only guessing. Bruzeze is anybody's guess........ I am sorta connecting the dots as I go along here. So far, all of you know more about my family than I do! And I really appreciate all the help thus far. Now, of course none of this means that the Foggia region is incorrect. For all I know they could have moved and my dad was given the wrong information, or maybe they started off as Bruzeze and Calabrese, I just plain don't know. Makes things very frustrating.

Michele

#18: Re: help for a newbie! Author: scarecrow66 PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 5:08 pm
    ----
Elizabeth,

I don't have any idea what church they went to, not in the US or Italy. As for death records, I can't find them. I figured they both would have died in New Jersey, but nothing turns up. At least not for me!

Michele

#19: Re: help for a newbie! Author: LucaLocation: Terni - Italy PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 6:24 pm
    ----
scarecrow66 wrote:
...I thought Calabreze was from Calabria, but I am only guessing. Bruzeze is anybody's guess........

I think that Bruzeze stands for "Abruzzese", that is - from Abruzzo -

Luca

#20: Re: help for a newbie! Author: scarecrow66 PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 9:06 pm
    ----
More information that I DO know: my GF Salvatore was married to Rena Petrone, she had 3 sisters, Elizabeth, Lena and Minnie, and a brother, Paul. They were orphaned very young, parents died in car accident in Rhode Island. That is ALL I know about my GM's family. Both my GF and GM died before I was even born, so I never knew them. My great-aunt Minnie visited us some when I was a kid, but she died in the 1980's. Just thought I would throw that out there and see what sticks!!

THank you again to everyone, you all are so knowledegable!!! I am in awe!

Luca, thank you for the translation!

Michele

#21: Re: help for a newbie! Author: Biff83Location: Florida PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 9:20 pm
    ----
Possible 1930 census for Angelo and Rose Russo with son Rocco with wife Edith
and on same page son Salvatore Russo with wife Irena and children Angelo, Patrick, Rose and Elizabeth.

1930 census

Possible 1920 census for Angelo and Rose Russo with sons Rocco and Bruno

Possible 1930 census for Pasquale Russo and wife Edith and family

Biff

Last edited by Biff83 on Wed Jul 16, 2008 9:38 pm; edited 1 time in total

#22: Re: help for a newbie! Author: nucciaLocation: Toronto, Ontario, Canada PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 9:36 pm
    ----
I have been watching this thread closely and wanting to jump in but like you said Biff..the new search on ancestry is not very user friendly. It takes forever to find anything .. very frustrating.

Ok..that was random but I had to throw it in anyway. Embarassed

#23: Re: help for a newbie! Author: Biff83Location: Florida PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 9:47 pm
    ----
Possible sources for death and internment information on Arangelo and Rosaria, and baptismal information on children.

Roman Catholic Churches in Vineland NJ
Sacred Heart
1010 East Landis Ave, Vineland, NJ 08360
(856) 691-0420

St. Francis of Assisi
23 West Chestnut Ave, Vineland, NJ 08360
(856) 691-9181

St. Isidore the Farmer
1655 Magnolia Rd, Vineland, NJ 08361
(856) 691-9077

St. Padre Pio
4680 Dante Avenue, Vineland, NJ 08361
(856) 691-7526

Biff

#24: Re: help for a newbie! Author: BillieDeKidLocation: Illinois PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 12:13 am
    ----
I have one other thought Michele. Did your grandfather (I know he did before your birth) live in the same are as your great grandfather? That would mean they probably went to the same church, which means your father would know the name of the church the family belonged to. Might be a long shot but worth asking your dad.

#25: Re: help for a newbie! Author: scarecrow66 PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 8:25 am
    ----
Biff,

Thanks for the census info, I will look at the links when I get a chance. THanks also for the church list, I guess I have some phone calls to make!

Elizabeth, I can't ask my dad anything unfortunately, he died 11 years ago.... and any info went with him!! Although I have been "talking" to him alot lately, asking him to help me in this endeavor........ Wink

Michele

#26: Re: help for a newbie! Author: BillieDeKidLocation: Illinois PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 11:05 am
    ----
Sorry Michele, you had said your dad passed away Embarassed Embarassed Maybe you can ask your aunt about the area they lived in and the church attended.

#27: Re: help for a newbie! Author: Biff83Location: Florida PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2008 11:43 am
    ----
Possible 1900 census for Rena, parents and siblings lines 91 and following.
Address: 616 Seventh St, Vineland, Cumberland, New Jersey
Household Members: Name Age
Pasquale Patrone, head, age 42, born Italy Jan/1858, immigration 1886
Rose Patrone, wife, age 33, born Italy Feb 1866, immigration 1886
Paul Patrone, son, age 9, born New Jersey Oct 1890
Leana (Lena) Patrone 6, daughter, born New Jersey June 1894
Lizzie (Elizabeth) Patrone, daughter, age 5, born New Jersey Jul 1894?
Saida (Rena?, Minnie?) Patrone, daughter, age 3 months, born Feg 1900

Biff

#28: Re: help for a newbie! Author: Biff83Location: Florida PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2008 12:28 pm
    ----
1895 New Jersey Census, Vineland, Cimberland
Page 1 Right hand page bottom two records
Page 2 Left page image top two records
Genia? Petrone
Rose Petrone
Paul Petrone
Delena Petrone

Biff

#29: Re: help for a newbie! Author: LauraLocation: Italy - Liguria PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 10:39 am
    ----
Sorry, it's a duplciate post...
just a little note... Rosaria maiden name could be Querques....
There are no Cuerqua but several Querques...
And a lot of Russo's in Foggia!

Bye!
Laura

#30: Re: help for a newbie! Author: LauraLocation: Italy - Liguria PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 11:26 am
    ----
I did a quick search on ancestry.com and I noticed most of the Querques coming from Italy where from Alberona (Foggia Province - Apulia Region) and settled in New Jersey....

Found this interesting record on Familysearch...

Arcangelo Russo Pedigree
Male

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Event(s):
Birth:
Christening: 13 JUL 1850 Alberona, Foggia, Italy

Death:
Burial:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Parents:
Father: Salvadore Russo Family
Mother: Marianna Corvino

Extracted birth or christening record for the locality listed in the record. The source records are usually arranged chronologically by the birth or christening date.

Source Information:
Batch No.: Dates: Source Call No.: Type: Printout Call No.: Type:

C843016 1850 - 1857 1217503 Film NONE

Sheet:

-> Where do I begin?