Click Here to Print Page

Page Topic: Be grateful for some help/suggestions
-> Non-Italian Genealogy

#1: Be grateful for some help/suggestions Author: EmmyLocation: Scotland PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2008 2:22 am
    ----
I recently posted re research I'm doing to help a friend re ancestors linked to France. I have found what I believe is a link but I cant get any further into this site because I dont have a subscription to it. If someone has a subscription to this site to find further information re this document I would be very grateful. Dont think this information will be on Ancestry.
This is the link, and the ones I'm interested in is the 1851-1851 (This is the year David Caird was born) that says Stranraer and the one above it. As yet I dont know what it relates to but I think it could be something to do with the family returning to UK from France

Any suggestions much apprciated
Emmy

search.geneanet.org/re...=&x=38&y=8

#2: Re: Be grateful for some help/suggestions Author: CaroleLocation: Valtellina - Near Lake Como PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2008 2:57 am
    ----
Quote::
I have found what I believe is a link but I cant get any further into this site because I dont have a subscription to it.

Emmy - looking at the link it seems you can register for free.. or is it one of those sites where they 'hoik you in', you can register free but then have to pay for credits if you want to look at anything?

Here's another site: >Family Search< that might be of some use - but you may already know about it...

N.B. Emmy I just registered at Geneanet and right at the very end is the 'Piviledge Club - cost:€40 per annum!!!

#3: Re: Be grateful for some help/suggestions Author: EmmyLocation: Scotland PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2008 4:31 am
    ----
Thanks Carole
I did notice that you could register for free but to get any information you had to 'join' for 40 euros. As it was just this one item I wanted to check out for my friend I couldnt justify spending 40 euros perhaps to discover it had no links at all to the family I'm trying to trace and you have to be in the 'Priviledge Club' to get access to that information.
Sorry Carole but the link you posted (familysearch)Carole doesnt work Sad
Emmy kiss

#4: Re: Be grateful for some help/suggestions Author: EmmyLocation: Scotland PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 4:41 pm
    ----
I was given an email address for the 'Mairie' in St Germain de Livet so I sent an email to him on Saturday requesting a copy of a birth certificate. I had a reply TODAY!! and he's given me an address to write to.
Just wished I got replies as quickly as that from Italy!!
Emmy

#5: Re: Be grateful for some help/suggestions Author: nucciaLocation: Toronto, Ontario, Canada PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 8:20 pm
    ----
That's wonderful news emmy. Let us know how it turns out! Smile

#6: Re: Be grateful for some help/suggestions Author: EmmyLocation: Scotland PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2008 11:25 am
    ----
Well France really answers request very quickly. This morning I received a copy of David Caird's birth certificate and a letter giving the expenses incurred (I had asked for that) Grand Total -- the enormous sum of only 1.55 Euros Wink only the cost of photocopying and the postage. They sent the birth act before receiving the expenses. Unbelievable!!
I am going to suggest to my friend that she gives a bit more than the 1.55 euros. They did say I could send a postal order or a cheque but I'm not sure if I could send that in £sterling?
But BIG problem the whole document is hand written!! but the writing is clear and well written. Now the translation Confused
Emmy

-> Non-Italian Genealogy