Click Here to Print Page

Page Topic: Can someone tell me what his occupation is cant make it out
-> General Discussion Groups

#1: Can someone tell me what his occupation is cant make it out Author: stevenspringerLocation: Port Jefferson Station, NY PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 7:16 pm
    ----
img98.imageshack.us/my...ngefz4.gif

line 15 Smile thank you all kiss

#2: Re: Can someone tell me what his occupation is cant make it Author: EmmyLocation: Scotland PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2008 11:15 am
    ----
Just a guess but looks as though whoever was doing the recording made a mistake the first time and to me it seems as though its the beginning of the word laborer (labo)same as the no 1.
Emmy

#3: Re: Can someone tell me what his occupation is cant make it out Author: stevenspringerLocation: Port Jefferson Station, NY PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2008 1:50 pm
    ----
i thought there was an A and a G in there but i guess i was wrong?

#4: Re: Can someone tell me what his occupation is cant make it Author: EmmyLocation: Scotland PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2008 6:04 pm
    ----
I can see how you thought it started with an A but if you look how the capital A is written in the name 'Anthony' it doesnt match with the first letter with the occupation in row 15, but I wish someone else who has studied lots of ships manifests would have a look because I could be wrong.
Emmy

#5: Re: Can someone tell me what his occupation is cant make it out Author: chanchisfea PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2008 9:39 am
    ----
The letters "Lab" (just like the next line next to the word farmer) are written on top of another word that seems to begin with a "c"...that's as much as I can see Smile

Liz Smile

#6: Re: Can someone tell me what his occupation is cant make it Author: LucaLocation: Terni - Italy PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2008 2:02 pm
    ----
I think there are two words overlapping: one is "agent", the other is "lab." ( hide )

Luca

#7: Re: Can someone tell me what his occupation is cant make it Author: stevenspringerLocation: Port Jefferson Station, NY PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2008 5:26 pm
    ----
maybe lab agent? lol

-> General Discussion Groups