Click Here to Print Page

Page Topic: Need to find my way back from US to Calabria to Spain
-> Where do I begin?

#16: Re: Need to find my way back from US to Calabria to Spain Author: Cathy PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2008 10:03 pm
    ----
I have found several family trees on Ancestry with your family members in them. Are they yours? If not you may want to take a look and contact the tree owners.

PreviewName: Saverina Sanandres
Birth: Nicastro, Catanzaro, Italia (Italy)
We'd like to show you more, but the person who created this family tree asked us to keep it private. Send them a message and see if they'll share it with you.

Contact Owner

Exact Search Results - Private Member Trees
You searched for Sanandres
Member Tree Name

Albero genealogico Manfredi
Personal Member Tree
Unsourced
Preview
Name: Saverina Sanandres
We'd like to show you more, but the person who created this family tree asked us to keep it private. Send them a message and see if they'll share it with you.

Saverina Sanandres
Bernarducci/Piccurelli
Personal Member Tree
3 attached records, 3 sources
Saverio Sanandres
Birth: 1887 - Calabria, Italy
Bernarducci/Piccurelli
Personal Member Tree
3 attached records, 3 sources
Saverio Sanandres
Birth: 1891 - Catanzaro, Calabria, Italy
Bernarducci/Piccurelli
Personal Member Tree
2 attached records, 2 sources
Preview
Name: Luigi Sanandres
Birth: 1874 - Catanzaro, Calabria, Italy

Luigi Sanandres
Birth: 1874 - Catanzaro, Calabria, Italy

#17: Re: Need to find my way back from US to Calabria to Spain Author: PatriciaLocation: Jersey City, New Jersey, USA PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2008 10:11 pm
    ----
The Bernarducci/Pucciarelli Tree is mine. I didn't see the other ones. I will look. Thanks!

#18: Re: Need to find my way back from US to Calabria to Spain Author: lotus45tiyeLocation: New Jersey PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 8:08 am
    ----
As always, I am watching in amazement. You go cousin! great kick start. Still cannot find anything on the immigration of Angelo Bernarducci and Jennie (Giovannina) Pucciarelli but will keep on looking. The marriage certificate from NY shows her birth in NY, not Italy. Need to look at her parents immigration, father is Matteo mother is Angela Tsolvi? Tsoloi? not sure of the spelling. Happy hunting Pat!

#19: Re: Need to find my way back from US to Calabria to Spain Author: PatriciaLocation: Jersey City, New Jersey, USA PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 1:26 pm
    ----
Cathy,
Last week you put me wise to "private trees" in Ancestry so I wrote to the person... Well low and behold, it is my family!!! In Italy!!! I will keep you posted as to the town names etc... WOW!! I am excited... More work to do, but sooooo exciting!! Thanks soooo much! Patricia!

#20: Re: Need to find my way back from US to Calabria to Spain Author: Cathy PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 4:47 pm
    ----
Wow!! That is great Patricia! Keep us informed because a few of us have access to records in Catanzaro Province, including myself.

#21: Re: Need to find my way back from US to Calabria to Spain Author: CaroleLocation: Valtellina - Near Lake Como PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 4:54 pm
    ----
lotus45tiye wrote:
As always, I am watching in amazement. You go cousin! great kick start. Still cannot find anything on the immigration of Angelo Bernarducci and Jennie (Giovannina) Pucciarelli but will keep on looking. The marriage certificate from NY shows her birth in NY, not Italy. Need to look at her parents immigration, father is Matteo mother is Angela Tsolvi? Tsoloi? not sure of the spelling. Happy hunting Pat!

Don't know if these might be relevant, but I found these. It looks as if Matteo may have been maried in Caggiano before coming over on 6 Jul 1900:

Name: Matteo Pucciarelli (says MARRIED)
Arrival Date: 6 Jul 1900
Estimated Birth Year: abt 1876
Port of Departure: Naples, Italy
Ethnicity/Race-
/Nationality: Italian (from Caggiano)
Ship Name: Spartan Prince
Search Ship Database: Search the Spartan Prince in the 'Passenger Ships and Images' database
Port of Arrival: New York, New York
Line: 16
Microfilm Serial: 15
Microfilm Roll: T715_137
Page Number: 149

View
Original
Record

View Passenger List

.................................................................................................

Matteo Pucciarelli
Arrival Date: 18 May 1905
Estimated Birth Year: abt 1877
Port of Departure: Napoli
Ethnicity/Race-
/Nationality: Italian (South) (Italian) Caggiano
Ship Name: Sicilia
Search Ship Database: Search the Sicilia in the 'Passenger Ships and Images' database
Line: 11
Microfilm Serial: T715
Microfilm Roll: T715_575
Page Number: 38
Travelling to brother in Springfield

..................................................................................................

Name: Matteo Pucciarelli (says joining wife Maria in New York)
Arrival Date: 14 Jun 1912
Estimated Birth Year: abt 1873
Port of Departure: Naples, Italy
Ethnicity/Race-
/Nationality: Italian (South) (Italian) (from Caggiano)
Ship Name: Taormina
Search Ship Database: View the Taormina in the 'Passenger Ships and Images' database
Nativity: Italy
Line: 9
Microfilm Serial: T715
Microfilm Roll: T715_1882
Birth Location: Italy
Birth Location Other: caggcano
Page Number: 8

View
Original
Record

-> Where do I begin?