Click Here to Print Page

Page Topic: Other names I am researching are:
-> Where do I begin?

#1: Other names I am researching are: Author: PatriciaLocation: Jersey City, New Jersey, USA PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2008 12:08 am
    ----
Bernarducci, Vincenzo and Rosa Manganello- Not sure where they lived in Italy or if they stayed. According to family stories they came to the US and opened a restaurant (like they had in Italy). I know they had 6 children; Daniel, Matteo, Ernesto Angelina, Raffaella and my grandfather Angelo. All of the children came to the US; however I was also told that Daniel had 2 wives. One he left in Italy (Angelina) and one he married here.
The next name is Pucciarelli (not sure of the spelling). My grandmother (Angelo's wife) Jenny was a Pucciarelli, but she was born in the US. Her parents were Matthew and Angelina and came to the US but I don't know when. My grandfather married my grandmother in May 1909. I woulda lso like the proper spelling of Puccierelli. Can you help with either of these?
Thanks,

Pat

#2: Re: Other names I am researching are: Author: ElevenLocation: New York PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2008 10:32 am
    ----
I am looking at the surname Pucciarelli. I began my research 16 years ago, before we had internet. One of the first things I searched were the ship passenger manifests. I had to go to the NYC public library to do that.

Because I was not familiar with the scrolly writing. I thought my great grandmothers surname was Pucciarello. As I got more documents with the name on it, I discovered the P was actually a T and the name was misspelled. It turned out to be Tucciariello.

#3: Re: Other names I am researching are: Author: Biff83Location: Florida PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2008 10:34 am
    ----
Hi Pat,

I'm not sure what information you already have but will post what I am able to find.

1930 census for Angelo and Jenny Bernarducci
Name: Angelo Bernarducci
Home in 1930: Jersey City, Hudson, New Jersey
Estimated Birth Year: abt 1888
Birthplace: Italy
Relation to Head of House: Head
Spouse's Name: Jennie
Household Members: Name Age
Angelo Bernarducci 42, born Italy, immigration 1903, alien, tailor
Jennie Bernarducci 42, born NY
Rose Bernarducci 20
Angelina Bernarducci 19
Anna Bernarducci 17
Vincent Bernarducci 16
Mathew Bernarducci 14
Carmella Bernarducci 10
Daniel Bernarducci 8
Ernest Bernarducci 6
Eleanor Bernarducci 2 8/12
Alfred Bernarducci 1
Eleanor and Alfred born New Jersey
All other children born NY

Marriage record for Angelo and Jennie
Groom:
Bernarducci Angelo May 23 1909 Manhattan Cert# 10430
Bride:
Pucciarelli Giovananna May 23 1909 Manhattan Cert# 10430

Biff

#4: Re: Other names I am researching are: Author: Biff83Location: Florida PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2008 10:47 am
    ----
Possible 1910 census

Name: Angelo Bernard
Age in 1910: 22
Estimated Birth Year: abt 1888
Father's Birth Place: Italy
Mother's Birth Place: Italy
Spouse's Name: Jennie
Home in 1910:
169 Hester St, Manhattan Ward 14, New York, New York
Household Members: Name Age
Angelo Bernard 22, born Italy, immigration 1903, tailor
Jennie Bernard 22, born NY
Rose Bernard 3/12 born NY

Biff

#5: Re: Other names I am researching are: Author: Biff83Location: Florida PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2008 11:13 am
    ----
Possible 1930 census for Jennie's parents Matthew and Angelina

Name: Mathew Pucciarelli
Home in 1930: Brooklyn, Kings, New York
Estimated Birth Year: abt 1856
Spouse's Name: Angelina
Possibly living with son Sebastian and family and Matthew's brother Anthony

Biff

-> Where do I begin?