Click Here to Print Page

Page Topic: Connecton between Madrid Spain and Calabria Italy
-> General Discussion Groups

#1: Connecton between Madrid Spain and Calabria Italy Author: PatriciaLocation: Jersey City, New Jersey, USA PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2008 8:42 am
    ----
Good morning,
I just wanted to introduce myself. My name is Patricia, and have always been intrigued by my family background and history, but never had the time or resources to research. Now- semi-retired, I do. I live in Jersey City, New Jersey, USA where I was born and raised and except for a 7 year hiatus, have been here all my life. I have 2 children and 2 grandchildren. I started researching my families and came across a "cousin" who led me to this site! What a find!!! My family name, San Andres is not Italian but Spanish, but somehow, Grandpa Saverio San Andres found his way to Calabria and according to legend made a good name for himself. Additionally I thought it would be great for my Grandsons to have history even though they do not have my family name. They should still know their background... Although I am new to this research I have been somewhat successful and am trying to put together a tree for my ENTIRE FAMILY- Bernarducci and San Andres... I am slowly finding my way around the various sites and while doing that, I am also researching our roots here in Jersey City. Thanks for this site!! Patricia San Andres, Bernarducci, Famularo, Paretti, Raffo, Tortora.

#2: Re: Connecton between Madrid Spain and Calabria Italy Author: Cathy PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2008 10:21 am
    ----
Welcome to Gente Patricia!! Very Happy If there is anything we can help you with, let us know. Where in Calabria did your family come from?

#3: Re: Connecton between Madrid Spain and Calabria Italy Author: ElevenLocation: New York PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2008 10:23 am
    ----
Hello Patricia and welcome.

#4: Re: Connecton between Madrid Spain and Calabria Italy Author: PatriciaLocation: Jersey City, New Jersey, USA PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2008 5:03 pm
    ----
Hello! San Andres's came from Catanzaro... It is an interesting story, I somewhat outlined it in the Getting started discussion... Everyone was already helpful!! I am quite impressed with this site!

-> General Discussion Groups