Click Here to Print Page

Page Topic: LDS Help, Please
-> General Discussion Groups

#1: LDS Help, Please Author: VincenzaLocation: Michigan PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 1:47 pm
    ----
I was wondering if anyone can help me. I have requested for a copy of the marriage records for

Longo, Cesidio and Maria Francesca Giancarlo married on January 1, 1885, three times and they are telling me that they don't have it in their possession but in the site ( www.rootsweb.ancestry..../M1885.htm ) show that they were married their and with the date.

Okay, What I'm asking is that if someone has the this film available has a permanent loan at there center. can someone see if it can be copied or scanned.

Longo, Cesidio and Maria Francesca Giancarlo married on January 1, 1885,

Fontechiari (Frosinone). Ufficio dello stato civile

Matrimoni 1866-1899 FHL INTL Film: 1883346 Items 2-4

the other film that i'm looking for is

Nati 1844-1865 FHL INTL Film: 1168343 Items 1-17

Longo, Cesidio born on October 19, 1865

Thanks for any help.

Vincenza

#2: Re: LDS Help, Please Author: Cathy PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 2:18 pm
    ----
Vincenza,
I have found dates of marriages of my family and have faxed the form from the LDS site with my credit card information. The fees are very reasonable ($4 for the first record - 2 records are also $4). Each time I received copies of my documents within 2 weeks. You can obtain the forms and information here: www.familysearch.org/e...rvices.asp

#3: Re: LDS Help, Please Author: VincenzaLocation: Michigan PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 2:46 pm
    ----
Wow, kiss I didn't know you can request them with LDS. Thank you soon much.

I will request it today. Probably will receive it before the comune ever find time to look. Confused

Vincenza

#4: Re: LDS Help, Please Author: RobertLocation: London, UK PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 4:06 pm
    ----
If you have LDS chapels in your area it is worth seeing if any have a family history centre attached. The volunteers that staff the centre are generally very helpful and knowledgeable and should be able to find the records for you.

As stated above their fees are very reasonable and by and large their records are very thorough. They did encounter some opposition to their work in Italy though so there are gaps in their records.

I will ask my sister to check with her local Family History Library - she goes to the South Kensington Ward and they have a huge centre there.

#5: Re: LDS Help, Please Author: VincenzaLocation: Michigan PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 5:05 pm
    ----
Thank you very much.

Vincenza

#6: Re: LDS Help, Please Author: VincenzaLocation: Michigan PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 8:53 am
    ----
Would this be the form I would use to request copies. ( But they are says it a package of 100)

www.ldscatalog.com/web...sortOr%3D1

Vincenza

#7: Re: LDS Help, Please Author: nucciaLocation: Toronto, Ontario, Canada PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 1:29 pm
    ----
Vincenza,

Try this link instead:

www.familysearch.org/E...rofilm.ASP

#8: Re: LDS Help, Please Author: VincenzaLocation: Michigan PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 1:36 pm
    ----
Thanks

Skype me if you are not busy.

Vincenza

-> General Discussion Groups