Click Here to Print Page

Page Topic: Help with follow-up letter
-> Translations

#1: Help with follow-up letter Author: lotus45tiyeLocation: New Jersey PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 11:05 am
    ----
I have been trying to compose a follow-up letter to the Comunes of Sant' Arsenio and Trentinara, as I have not received a reply to my first letter from April. This was a struggle for me as I did not compose the first letters. Would you be so kind as to "tweek" this for me, as I am not sure it is correct.
I am trying to obtain the birth and marriage cert/ act for my great grandfathers, Sebastiano Terranova in Sant' Arsenio and Vincenzo Bernarducci in Trentinara. Would love to also obtain the cert. of family history which I did not ask for in this letter. I do not have the dates of birth or marriage for either great grandfather. Estimate Sebastiano Terranova's birth around 1850's. His sons Antonio 1878 and Guiseppe 1883 were born in Sant' Arsenio ( have birth certificates) but I am not sure if their mother Cecilia D'Amato and Sebastiano Terranova were born or married there. I estimate Vincenzo Bernarducci's birth also around the 1850's and I do have documentation that he was from Trentinara, however, not sure about his wife Rosa Manganello. Thanks Carol

#2: Re: Help with follow-up letter Author: lotus45tiyeLocation: New Jersey PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 11:16 am
    ----
Sorry! forgot to attach letter.

Somune di Sant' Arsenio
L'Ufficiale di Anagrafe
Plazza Europa 1
84037 Sant' Arsenio SA
Italia

Re: di Terranova Famiglia

Gentile Signora, Eregio Signori;

Mi chiamo Carol..., ed abito negli Stati Uniti all'indirizzo sopradetto. Accludo una copia della mia lettera addi 16 aprile, 2008. Temo che la mia lettera sia andata persa o sia stata dimenticata. Sto chiedendo queste informazioni per sapere di slu sulla mia famiglia.

Sto cercando informazioni riguardo il mio (nonno ?) Giuseppe Terranova, figlio di Sebastiano Terranova e Cecilia D'amato, nato nel comune di Sant' Arsenio 26 ottobre 1883.

Le sarei grata se potesse fornirmi iseguenti documenti riguardanti Sebastiano Terranova.
1.Copia integrale del suo atto di nascita, avvenuta all'incirca nel 1856 (date not known)
2. Copia integrate della pubblicazioni di matrimonio (date not known)

La ringrazio anticipatamente per la sua cortesia ed efficienza, e le chiedo, gentilmente, di communicarmi in via preventiva il cocto di tali certificati e le modalita di pagemento. Se avete qualche domanda mi potete rintracciare su questa e-mail, Lotus45tiye......... Graze per il vostro aiuto.

Distinti saluti

#3: Re: Help with follow-up letter Author: lotus45tiyeLocation: New Jersey PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 10:01 pm
    ----
Would someone be so kind as to take a look at my attempt to compose a follow up letter and let me know if it makes sense. Maybe I should be asking for my Grandfathers info instead of my Great Grandfathers? Thanks Carol

#4: Re: Help with follow-up letter Author: Cathy PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 10:08 pm
    ----
The Italians are are sleeping now. I'm sure they will have a look and respond tomorrow.

#5: Re: Help with follow-up letter Author: lotus45tiyeLocation: New Jersey PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 10:09 pm
    ----
LOL, thanks

#6: Re: Help with follow-up letter Author: LucaLocation: Terni - Italy PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 3:56 am
    ----
lotus45tiye wrote:
Comune di Sant' Arsenio
Ufficio Stato Civile
Plazza Europa 1
84037 Sant' Arsenio (SA)
Italia

Oggetto: richiesta copie integrali.

Gentile Signora, Eregio Signore;

Mi chiamo Carol..., ed abito negli Stati Uniti all'indirizzo sopradetto. Allego una copia della mia lettera datata 16 aprile, 2008. Temo che la mia lettera sia andata persa o sia stata dimenticata. Sto chiedendo queste informazioni per sapere di piĆ¹ sulla mia famiglia.

Sto cercando informazioni riguardo mio nonno Giuseppe Terranova, figlio di Sebastiano Terranova e Cecilia D'amato, nato nel comune di Sant'Arsenio il 26 ottobre 1883.

Le sarei grata se potesse fornirmi i seguenti documenti riguardanti Sebastiano Terranova.
1. Copia integrale del suo atto di nascita, avvenuta all'incirca nel 1856

2. Copia integrale del certificato di matrimonio (celebrato circa nell'anno 1875) e delle relative pubblicazioni.

La ringrazio anticipatamente per la sua cortesia ed efficienza, e le chiedo, gentilmente, di comunicarmi in via preventiva il costo di tali certificati e le modalita di pagemento. Se avete qualche domanda mi potete rintracciare su questa e-mail, Lotus45tiye.........
Graze per il vostro aiuto.

Distinti saluti

Only a question: about Antonio and Giuseppe Terranova, have you the extracts or the integral copies of their birth acts?
Wink
Luca

#7: Re: Help with follow-up letter Author: lotus45tiyeLocation: New Jersey PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 7:13 am
    ----
Thank you Luca; I have an extract of Guiseppe Terranova's Birth Certificate from Sant' Arsenio, which he sent for in 1948, and I do believe my cousin Barbara has Antonio Terranova's BC. I have absolutely no documents for Sebastiano and Cecilia.

#8: Re: Help with follow-up letter Author: ricbruLocation: TRENTO - ITALIA PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 7:14 am
    ----
Hello,
pubblicazioni di matrimonio - marriage banns, can be requested only to Archivio di Stato di Salerno

www.archivi.benicultur...me=SALERNO

Civil record office don't keep marriage banns.
They are given away to court house when the year is over.
And after 70 years they go to State Archive
I hope it helps
bye Riccardo

#9: Re: Help with follow-up letter Author: lotus45tiyeLocation: New Jersey PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 7:36 am
    ----
I did not know this Riccardo, thank you. As I have no info on Sebastaino and Ceceila's date or location of marriage, may have to wait for a reply from Sant' Arsenio on Guiseppe.

#10: Re: Help with follow-up letter Author: ricbruLocation: TRENTO - ITALIA PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 7:39 am
    ----
first u get the marriage record from S. Arsenio civil record office, then marriage bann from Archivio di Stato di Salerno
good luck
Riccardo

#11: Re: Help with follow-up letter Author: lotus45tiyeLocation: New Jersey PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 7:55 am
    ----
Thank you Riccardo, can you tell that I am not sure what I am doing. LOL

#12: Re: Help with follow-up letter Author: LucaLocation: Terni - Italy PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 9:10 am
    ----
ricbru wrote:
... marriage banns.
They are given away to court house when the year is over.
And after 70 years they go to State Archive

Grazie per la correzione.

Luca

#13: Re: Help with follow-up letter Author: LucaLocation: Terni - Italy PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 9:18 am
    ----
lotus45tiye wrote:
...I have an extract of Guiseppe (Giuseppe) Terranova's Birth Certificate from Sant' Arsenio,
Why you don't ask for a "copia integrale"? Maybe you can find some more info in comparison to an extract (the father's age, his birth place, his job or similar).

Luca

#14: Re: Help with follow-up letter Author: lotus45tiyeLocation: New Jersey PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 1:30 pm
    ----
Luca, do you mean request the copia intergrale for Giuseppe as well as for Sebastiano? Thought I was not a good idea to ask for records on more that one person at a time.

#15: Re: Help with follow-up letter Author: LucaLocation: Terni - Italy PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 1:49 pm
    ----
You can do it in two times.
I think, however, that you can also ask for both of them, because for Giuseppe you know the exact date of birth and it's not difficult for the registrar to do a simple photocopy.

Luca

-> Translations