Click Here to Print Page

Page Topic: Feel Good Day!!!
-> General Discussion Groups

#1: Feel Good Day!!! Author: lilbeesLocation: Georgia, USA PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 3:03 pm
    ----
I wanted all to know, I had never sent money when making a request. And, of course, I have had very little response for these.

Well, at the suggestion of Peter Timber on the IG forum, I sent a request to Tunis and enclosed the money for the copy plus an extra amount for a donation (US cash). Within 3 weeks I had a response and a copy of a baptism I have been waiting for for better than a year. Today, I received another record (also paid in advance with donation). It seems this is more effective than waiting for a billing. At least it worked with them. I will try it for other communes and/or parishes I am needing information from. I have been sending my requests registered mail and I think that may help too. (return receipt requested).

Just an F.Y.I. Smile

lilbees

#2: Re: Feel Good Day!!! Author: nucciaLocation: Toronto, Ontario, Canada PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 3:40 pm
    ----
Good to know..thanks. Riccardo always suggests sending a donation but so far I never have and have always received a response. I guess different comunes respond different ways...

I have however sent return postage many times and that also seems to help.

#3: Re: Feel Good Day!!! Author: ElevenLocation: New York PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 7:57 pm
    ----
I always sent a crisp 10 dollar bill with my requests and got the document in two weeks or less.

#4: Re: Feel Good Day!!! Author: lilbeesLocation: Georgia, USA PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2008 7:48 am
    ----
I certainly can't disagree with that. I feel it really helped. From what I understand, the poor girl that does the work for the Prelature, works alone and has a difficult time keeping up with all the requests. I feel she deserves something for her hard work.

lilbees

-> General Discussion Groups