Click Here to Print Page

Page Topic: Translation of birth act
-> Translations

#1: Translation of birth act Author: Cathy PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2008 8:19 am
    ----
I am posting this for member tteti. It is the birth act of his grandfather. He would like it translated.
Antonio Maria Passarelli Birth Act
Thank you.

#2: Re: Translation of birth act Author: liviomorenoLocation: Rome (Italy) PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2008 9:15 am
    ----
That's very hard to read Evil or Very Mad , I will try but I cannot promise to succeed.

#3: Re: Translation of birth act Author: Cathy PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2008 1:50 pm
    ----
Yikes Livio! That is horrible tiny handwriting, isn't it! Shocked I will try to read what I can as well. All I can make out so far is the father's name is Pasquale son of the late ?? (Costantino? Antonio?? - what do you think?) and is 40 years old. I can make out a few other names but I'll try again later.

#4: Re: Translation of birth act Author: Cathy PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2008 12:59 pm
    ----
OK...Tony has rescanned the birth act. He is most interested in the date of birth and Antonio's parents names. The handwriting makes it near impossible to read much of the document but if anyone can help decipher the date of birth and his mother's surname it would be most appreciated by Tony. I have done my best to darken the image and make it as readable as possible. I have posted below links to the whole image as well as sections of the document that contain the information needed. Any help (even a guess) would be appreciated.
Tony: Sorry, but I think your next step is to find the marriage act (atto di matrimonio), marriage banns (pubblicazioni) and processetti to be sure about Antonio's mother's surname. This will also give you the names of their parents. Hopefully, there was a different registrar with better handwriting on those documents! Shocked I know how frustrating this is....
Antonio Maria Passarelli whole birth act
Top of document - date?
Antonio's mother
bottom of document

#5: Re: Translation of birth act Author: Cathy PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2008 1:06 pm
    ----
OK - Here are my thoughts on this document. Antonio's father is Pasquale son of the late Antonio. His mother - although her first name is a scribble to me her surname may be Chimenti (a common surname in Montalto and other nearby towns of San Benedetto, Rende and I beleive San Vincenzo La Costa - also spelled Chimmenti or Chimentti) or Chianeli. Sorry I could not do better Tony.

#6: Re: Translation of birth act Author: liviomorenoLocation: Rome (Italy) PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2008 1:18 pm
    ----
Year 1873 day 23 month ??

mother Giuseppina Chimenti(?), aged 29, contadina=farmer.

#7: Re: Translation of birth act Author: Cathy PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2008 1:49 pm
    ----
Thanks Livio! Liz told me on Skype the other night she thought it was Giuseppina too. I notice that the birth act number was 80. That means his was the 80th birth registered in the town for 1873. I don't know how many births there were in San Fili that year but I think you can definitely rule out the first several months of the year as his birth month.
Tony, I think to be sure of Giuseppina's surname you need her marriage record. Since Giuseppina was 29, I would look between 1862-1872 beginning with 1872 and working backwards. Another thought...Antonio's father is listed as 40 years old...this could be a second marriage. hide The marriage will also give you the names of both their parents, although we know from this document Pasquale's father was Antonio (deceased at the time of this document).

#8: Re: Translation of birth act Author: ttetiLocation: Coral Springs, Florida PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2008 2:05 pm
    ----
Thanks again everyone not to be repititous, but I believe from another birth act I have ascertained that giuseppina's last name is Chianelli her father was Rafael fu Francesco Chianelli and her mother was Concetta Luchetta, thanks again everyone especially Cathy and Livio

#9: Re: Translation of birth act Author: Cathy PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2008 2:17 pm
    ----
That's great Tony! A sister for Antonio! YAY! And new surnames! I have Luchetta's in my family too. If you would not mind...while looking through the San Fili records keep an eye open for Napolitano's! Both Nuccia and I have Napolitano family in San Fili. Mine had a grocery store there....

#10: Re: Translation of birth act Author: ttetiLocation: Coral Springs, Florida PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2008 5:04 pm
    ----
Well now that I have acquired a little skill in operating the machines I will look for Napolitano before the films go back

#11: Re: Translation of birth act Author: ttetiLocation: Coral Springs, Florida PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2008 9:16 am
    ----
Well after a stiff neck and sore back I have gone through the records I have ordered from LDS, I don't know how futher back I will be able to go but if any one has access to the marriage noticies from San Fili around 1881 thru 1883 I would appreciate it. Guiseppi Onofrio and Cherubina Esposito. It appears that the birth act of my grandmother Giovannina indicates that they were not married then, but a subsequent birth act of Serafino Onofrio show them married in 1884.
Again thanks to all on this site for all the help and suggestions, Kudos to Cathy and Nuccia

-> Translations