Click Here to Print Page

Page Topic: Reply from Comune di Palermo
-> Translations

#1: Reply from Comune di Palermo Author: tjbrnLocation: North Carolina PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2008 8:21 am
    ----
I mailed a request to Palermo in April 2008. This reply came in yesterday's mail. I get the gist of what it says but I am curious about the length of time to respond. I have found conflicting data regarding my grandfather's (Ignazio Dragotto) grandfather (also Ignazio Dragotto). A death document lists my grandfather's grandfather as being born in Palermo--the death date suggests about 1806. However, matrimonial records from Belmonte indicate that he was born in Belmonte. Could it be that the search in Palermo yielded nothing because my ggg grandfather was not born in Palermo or that his birth was prior to the advent of civil record keeping process, or maybe my questions are just rhetorical?

#2: Re: Reply from Comune di Palermo Author: nucciaLocation: Toronto, Ontario, Canada PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2008 8:28 am
    ----
Hi Tom,

I would tend to follow earlier records rather than secondary (death) records. Primary records occur closer tot he actual even so therefore are more accurate. He was not present at his death..someone else gave the information so yes, it could definitely mean he was born elsewhere.

I would now try Belmonte.

-> Translations