Click Here to Print Page

Page Topic: facts they do not reveal to us
-> General Discussion Groups

#1: facts they do not reveal to us Author: colal PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 10:28 pm
    ----

Hi everyone,
We are not told the full story or even part of it - many times.
I did a small slide video, 7-8 minutes, which is about early
migration to America, the prejudices some Italians endured
and their achieved progress. Anyone can see it can see it at
the link below:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=PCjb-2t0lmA

Or go to youtube.com and do a search for the title:
" Italians to promise land ".

Much is not included though this brief slide is still
informative. ciao

#2: Re: facts they do not reveal to us Author: nucciaLocation: Toronto, Ontario, Canada PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 10:55 pm
    ----
What a moving video. Thank you so much for sharing it. I really enjoyed watching it.

#3: Re: facts they do not reveal to us Author: colal PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 5:54 pm
    ----

Thank you for your kind words. I hope as many can see this clip as possible because there is also something to be learned from this. col

nuccia wrote:
What a moving video. Thank you so much for sharing it. I really enjoyed watching it.

#4: Re: facts they do not reveal to us Author: CaroleLocation: Valtellina - Near Lake Como PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 9:33 pm
    ----
colal, Thank you for sharing those slides with us here on "Gente".

While many of the people and the incidents shown are well documented, there must have been many other tragedies among immigrants that never made the headlines.

It does us good to occaisionally be reminded of what a huge debt we owe our forebears.

#5: Re: facts they do not reveal to us Author: colal PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 10:19 pm
    ----
Yes, i agree 100%, just as another example, generally in the south after negroes the second highest amount of lynchings were the newly arrived italians which carried on for some time. molarce

Carole wrote:
colal, Thank you for sharing those slides with us here on "Gente".

While many of the people and the incidents shown are well documented, there must have been many other tragedies among immigrants that never made the headlines.

It does us good to occaisionally be reminded of what a huge debt we owe our forebears.

-> General Discussion Groups