Click Here to Print Page

Page Topic: Question?
-> General Discussion Groups

#1: Question? Author: lilbeesLocation: Georgia, USA PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 9:40 am
    ----
If a record cannot be located at the Stato Civile and you have the birth date can you request the record (prior to 1850) to the Archives?

Just curious. I have encountered a difficult director at the Stato Civile reluctant to really look for anything. Sad

Thanks,
lilbees

#2: Re: Question? Author: ElevenLocation: New York PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 11:54 am
    ----
I got a record from the archives and they sent a copy, not an extract. It was an 1842 birth. The town sent me an extract. It had parents unknown. I wanted to see the record, so I took a chance and wrote to the archives for that record..and one more record. They sent me the first record..and a couple of records for the second person. Both of those were the same name, different people. The archives I wrote to was in Potenza, Basilicata.

#3: Re: Question? Author: lilbeesLocation: Georgia, USA PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 12:00 pm
    ----
What the heck, I think I will make a request to the Archives. I have some definite birth dates realizing they will not do a general search. Hopefully, that will help.

Will keep you posted. At this point, I have not received extracts on any of my requests from the Stato Civile, only certificates even though I did request "Estratto per copia integrale del suo atto di nascita".

lilbees

-> General Discussion Groups