Click Here to Print Page

Page Topic: The Gjenvick-Gjønvik Archives
-> Resource Pages

#1: The Gjenvick-Gjønvik Archives Author: Biff83Location: Florida PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 5:42 pm
    ----
Excellent resource for genealogical and historical data.
"One of the largest private archives of historical documents from the 1800s through 1954 with concentrations in Steamship and Ocean Liner documents and photographs, Passenger Lists, materials covering World Wars I and II, the Works Progress Administration (WPA) and Immigration documents from Ellis Island, Castle Garden and other Immigration Stations."

www.gjenvick.com/

Biff

#2: Re: The Gjenvick-Gjønvik Archives Author: nucciaLocation: Toronto, Ontario, Canada PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 2:16 pm
    ----
What a great site! I have been looking through it and its a treasure trove of information! Thank you Biff! Not sure how i missed it before. Smile

#3: Re: The Gjenvick-Gjønvik Archives Author: BillieDeKidLocation: Illinois PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 9:32 pm
    ----
This is fantastic Biff thank you so much. kiss

I'm in the process of contacting them to find out how to get a yearbook from the navy that would include the year my father graduated (WWII) and also to find out if there are records listing the names of people that worked through the WPA in Wisconsin. The Zinc mine that my grandfather worked at closed for a period of time and I know he worked on a WPA project building a road from my hometown to a neighboring town. I thought it might be interesting to see if I can find him.

Thanks again for the link.

-> Resource Pages