Click Here to Print Page

Page Topic: Tiella
-> Recipes

#1: Tiella Author: nucciaLocation: Toronto, Ontario, Canada PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2008 10:52 pm
    ----
Does anyone know what Tiella are? Where are they most commonly eaten? I just heard the term but have no idea what it is.

#2: Re: Tiella Author: liviomorenoLocation: Rome (Italy) PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2008 6:27 am
    ----
Never heard about it, but I found this: Tiella di Gaeta. Basically it's a kind of pie stuffed with vegetables and seafood.

Other, similar, recipes are found in Bari.

And there is a recipe with rice, potatoes and seafood.

#3: Re: Tiella Author: lilbeesLocation: Georgia, USA PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2008 12:04 pm
    ----
Getting hungry so early in the morning..................mmmmmmmm! all look good

lilbees

#4: Re: Tiella Author: nucciaLocation: Toronto, Ontario, Canada PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2008 12:21 pm
    ----
They do look good. Hmm, I think I may try making them. Christmas Eve is coming and it would be nice to try something new. Mauro perhaps knows someone with a recipe...

#5: Re: Tiella Author: liviomorenoLocation: Rome (Italy) PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2008 12:35 pm
    ----
This is the recipe: Tiella di Gaeta, in English

#6: Re: Tiella Author: nucciaLocation: Toronto, Ontario, Canada PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2008 12:42 pm
    ----
Thanks Livio. I'll let you know how it turns out when I make it. I may need a taste taster though so you think you might want the job??? lol lol

Last edited by nuccia on Sun Jul 03, 2011 9:14 am; edited 1 time in total

#7: Re: Tiella Author: liviomorenoLocation: Rome (Italy) PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2008 1:31 pm
    ----
nuccia wrote:
Thanks Livio. I'll let you know hoe it turns out when I make it. I may need a taste taster though so you think you might want the job??? lol lol

Nuccia, I am a skilled taste taster but I am allergic to courgettes that are one of the ingredient of the Tiella di Gaeta.

I suggest that you try the Tiella alla barese

#8: Re: Tiella Author: latiella PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2011 8:36 am
    ----
the first book about the tiella the most famous dish for Gaeta Italy
il primo libro sulla tiella gaetana
www.nicolatarallo.com
www.facebook.com/?ref=...9552321915

#9: Re: Tiella Author: nucciaLocation: Toronto, Ontario, Canada PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2011 9:16 am
    ----
Thanks for the links and recipes. I am going to enjoy going through your site. Smile

-> Recipes