Click Here to Print Page

Page Topic: Translation of Dates?
-> Translations

#1: Translation of Dates? Author: lilbeesLocation: Georgia, USA PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 12:40 pm
    ----
Have a few dates and ages I need help on please. Question

L'anno milleottocentonovantasei addi quattro del mese di maggio in Roccapiemonte alle ore venti e minuti zero

cinquantuno
settantatre

L'anno milleottocentoquarantaquattro addi ventisei del mese di novembre in Roccapiemonte alle ore due
e minuti zero

Thanks,
lilbees

#2: Re: Translation of Dates? Author: liviomorenoLocation: Rome (Italy) PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 1:11 pm
    ----
L'anno milleottocentonovantasei addi quattro del mese di maggio in Roccapiemonte alle ore venti e minuti zero = May 4, 1896 in Roccapiemonte at 8:00pm

cinquantuno = 51
settantatre = 73

L'anno milleottocentoquarantaquattro addi ventisei del mese di novembre in Roccapiemonte alle ore due
e minuti zero = November 26, 1844 in Roccapiemonte at 2:00am

#3: Re: Translation of Dates? Author: lilbeesLocation: Georgia, USA PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 1:20 pm
    ----
Hey, thanks Livio.

I am surprised at the ages on the marriage record I just received. She was 73 and he was 51.

I wanted to be sure I was reading all the dates and ages correctly. Wow!

Thank you for your assistance.

lilbees

#4: Re: Translation of Dates? Author: ElevenLocation: New York PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 1:58 pm
    ----
Heh..military time. I was about to translate the dates but when I looked at the times I thought.. what the heck is 20 and zero..lol

I cant recall ever seeing it written like that..but then again, i never paid much attention to the time.

#5: Re: Translation of Dates? Author: lilbeesLocation: Georgia, USA PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 2:00 pm
    ----
At the time, Italy operated on the 24 hour clock (just like military time). Don't know if it was just for records though.

lilbees

#6: Re: Translation of Dates? Author: liviomorenoLocation: Rome (Italy) PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 2:16 pm
    ----
in Italy we use both the 24 hour clock and the 12 hour one. To my knowledge there is specific rule, but all the official timetables, Airports, bus stations, train, etc use the 24 hour clock

#7: Re: Translation of Dates? Author: ElevenLocation: New York PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 2:30 pm
    ----
I have to count on my fingers when I use that type of time.

I play a game which is made mostly for kids, and comes out of england. When I use their forums, and want to know when something was posted, I first have to figure out the time there, then go backwards 5 hours...lol Thats a real treat..lol

-> Translations