Click Here to Print Page

Page Topic: Now what can I do??
-> Where do I begin?

#1: Now what can I do?? Author: Cathy PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2008 2:48 pm
    ----
OK - I have gone though all the Tropea birth records (on the microfilm) and cannot find my great grandmother Natalina or her brother Gaetano. I did find her sister Carmela (Maria Carmela according to the birth act). So now what can I do? I know the oldest (Carmela) and the youngest (Maria) of my great grandmother's siblings were born in Tropea. I know her father was a politician who was assigned a post in Cortale later (I even checked Cortale birth records). I also know the family "summered" somewhere in Sicily. Any ideas on how I get get her bith place or birth act? I have her original American death record and it only lists her birthplace as Italy. Any ideas or suggestions would be appreciated.

#2: Re: Now what can I do?? Author: MauroMagsLocation: New Jersey PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2008 3:17 pm
    ----
time machine? Razz

Just kidding.... I'm sure you checked this but what about all the additional records that are usually at the end of the numbered birth acts (I've seen them when researching Molfetta) What about the Atti diversi records?

#3: Re: Now what can I do?? Author: uantitiLocation: Biella (Piedmont) and Venezia/Venice, Italy PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2008 3:28 pm
    ----
Hi,
this might mean she was born before they started to keep records, so possibly before 1809. If that would be possible then you have to try and ask the parish for her birth date.

Good luck!

Ada

#4: Re: Now what can I do?? Author: Cathy PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2008 4:38 pm
    ----
MauroMags wrote:
time machine? Razz
Very funny Mauro!!! Razz Great idea about the atti diversi though...I never thought of that! Embarassed Natalina would have been born in the 1850's so it was not before the stato period. The problem is I don't think she was born in Tropea but don't know where else to look. Sigh... my father is going to drive me crazy until I find it LOL.

-> Where do I begin?