Click Here to Print Page

Page Topic: So what else is there?...
-> General Discussion Groups

#16: Re: So what else is there?... Author: MauroMagsLocation: New Jersey PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2008 11:10 pm
    ----
maybe it is the versions i'm using.... The main difference i noticed was that when i create a table in IE and color it white, it gives it an invisible look to it, whereas in Firefox you can see every line of every table no matter what color i make it... So in other words, in firefox it looks like a big chart while in IE the lines are invisible.... Check out my magarelli surname page to see what i mean

#17: Re: So what else is there?... Author: Cathy PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2008 11:35 pm
    ----
Wow Mauro!! GREAT job! I love how you presented the documents. The notes on that manifest about the cigar maker are wonderful. I can't wait to see more! Can I put your link on my websites now?

#18: Re: So what else is there?... Author: MauroMagsLocation: New Jersey PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2008 12:04 am
    ----
Hi Cathy

Thanks Cathy! Link away!

#19: Re: So what else is there?... Author: dragoni PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2008 12:27 am
    ----
mauro:

i was at the same point as you. i gave up after a letter after letter written to the church went unanswered. i feel so blessed to have found someone who got access to the church records for me. there is someone out there to help you too, just have to find them. if you go the route of hiring someone as i did, you'll find many folks have reasonable fees and there is information out there. i got very depressed when i read on some website that lots of the church records in my province, benevento, were burned during ww2. come to find out not necessarily so. dio di cui sopra ha sorriso su di me.

which province?

tom

#20: Re: So what else is there?... Author: Cathy PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2008 12:42 am
    ----
MauroMags wrote:
Hi Cathy

Thanks Cathy! Link away!
OK - you are linked! YAY! Now, how about doing the whole town records and putting them online? hide

#21: Re: So what else is there?... Author: nucciaLocation: Toronto, Ontario, Canada PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2008 12:42 am
    ----
Ahh..ok. The table thing I can help you with. IE does not show boxes on the tables if there is no information there where Firefox does. And there is a bit of extra code that can be eliminated to make the table look more streamlined. I played with it a bit and can email you the code for you to see the difference..but other then that (and only because YOU mentioned it) it looks fine. I love it.

#22: Re: So what else is there?... Author: MauroMagsLocation: New Jersey PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2008 12:50 am
    ----
Tom,

90% of my research is Molfetta, which is in provincia di Bari, Puglia. I do have one branch of my line (Santoro) that comes from Giovinazzo, although i just received word from the Archivio in Bari that there is no evidence of Santoro in Giovinazzo within the Catasto Onciario. These Santoro's were somewhat prominent and i have some clues that they may have come to Giovinazzo either from Altamura or even Matera... but i'll need more evidence before i request those Catasti out.

Cathy! all the town records! I don't think i'm as ambitious as you! Plus Molfetta is a fairly large city with about 60,000 people today.

Nuccia, please send me the code i'd love to try it out. The blog is not officially gone, but the whole getting married and then moving into a new house really put an end to a lot of my free time... Once i'm settled in, i do plan to keep writing it

#23: Re: So what else is there?... Author: nucciaLocation: Toronto, Ontario, Canada PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2008 2:01 am
    ----
Ok, I am just putting some finishing touches on it and I will email you the code.

#24: Re: So what else is there?... Author: uantitiLocation: Biella (Piedmont) and Venezia/Venice, Italy PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2008 2:12 pm
    ----
nuccia wrote:
Tom I love what you said. As I was telling Carole this morning, I was feeling rather low the last few days and then I read your comment and Ada's and I remembered why we started this forum. Not to research only but to make friends and share our experience. Suddenly I feel much more motivated.

Nuccia,
you are a very kind and sweet lady. I didn't know I could treat people also virtually. In all modesty I must admit I always suspected I had thaumaturgical powers........ lol lol

Ada

#25: Re: So what else is there?... Author: nucciaLocation: Toronto, Ontario, Canada PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2008 10:14 pm
    ----
Thank you Ada! You are also a lovely lady and now you have powers, too! You really are special. lol lol

Mauro, I'm sorry..haven't had time to further work on that other thing this weekend. I've been so tied up today and I got nothing done at all! I still have 30 names to enter into the surname database, 2 sick kids and a load of paperwork sitting on my desk that needs to be completed by tomorrow morning. Sad

I have decided to call it a day and pour myself a glass of vino and pass out on the sofa. Season finale of Survivor is on and I always watch that..mainly because I am so happy it is over which means hubby will be more available until the next series of it starts. Wink

Last edited by nuccia on Sun Dec 14, 2008 10:28 pm; edited 1 time in total

#26: Re: So what else is there?... Author: MauroMagsLocation: New Jersey PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2008 10:17 pm
    ----
no rush Nuccia... whenever you get a chance.

Enjoy the vino!

thanks again Smile
Mauro

-> General Discussion Groups