Click Here to Print Page

Page Topic: Barletta de San Nicola Arcella
-> Where do I begin?

#1: Barletta de San Nicola Arcella Author: sedafatima PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2009 8:06 pm
    ----
kiss kiss kiss

To all the world. Circa 1860, don Raffaele Barletta D'amico went to Añasco, Puerto Rico. Here he married donna Presentación (Tontón) Paz, and raised a family. Some of his children were Constantino, Rafael, Ana María, América and Sara, all last named Barletta Paz.

Circa 1900 he brought the sons of Filomena Barletta D'amico and Giuseppe Barletta, his sister and his brother in law, to Puerto Rico. Their names were: Vincenzo (Vicente), Antonio, Amadeo and Rafael Barletta Barletta.

Vicente Barletta was my grandfather. Amadeo went on to Argentina, Cuba and the Dominican Republic. Antonio went to the Dominican Republic and Rafael went first to Boston, and then returned to Puerto Rico. We want to know whether there are Barlettas left in San Nicolla Arcella and how to get information about our ascendants there. Happy New Year.

Fatima Seda Barletta

#2: Re: Barletta de San Nicola Arcella Author: Cathy PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2009 12:24 am
    ----
Fatima,
Welcome to Gente! I did a quick check on the Italian White pages and only found this:

Scuola Materna Filomena Barletta Figlie Di Nostra
87020 San Nicola Arcella (CS) - Via Nazionale, 13
tel:0985 3137
It looks like a school to me.
Most Barletta's from Cosenza Province seem to have lived in ACQUAFORMOSA historically. There were a number in BELVEDERE MARITTIMO, AIETA, ALBIDONA and smaller numbers of this surname scattered throughout the province. Cosenza Province has begun to put their civil records online. Although they do not have much up yet, there were no Barletta's in the records put up yet from San Nicola Arcella. The time frame of the early 1800's is up now.
You can access the provinces records here
A second search of the Italian White Pages showed many Barlatta's currently living in many towns in the Province of Cosenza.

#3: Re: Barletta de San Nicola Arcella Author: Biff83Location: Florida PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2009 3:52 pm
    ----
Cathy wrote:

You can access the provinces records here

Is anyone else having trouble accessing the Cosenza records site??
The address Cathy posted above is the same as the one I have bookmarked but I keep getting an error message.

Thanks,
Biff

#4: Re: Barletta de San Nicola Arcella Author: nucciaLocation: Toronto, Ontario, Canada PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2009 4:05 pm
    ----
Yes. I haven't been able to get on it since last night. Perhaps they are upgrading their records (I hope).

#5: Re: Barletta de San Nicola Arcella Author: Cathy PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2009 4:36 pm
    ----
I was on last night but cannot get on today. Crying or Very sad

#6: Re: Barletta de San Nicola Arcella Author: nucciaLocation: Toronto, Ontario, Canada PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 11:57 am
    ----
The site is still down this morning. Hopefully it will correct itself soon.

-> Where do I begin?