Click Here to Print Page

Page Topic: Home Made Chocolates
-> Recipes

#1: Home Made Chocolates Author: EmmyLocation: Scotland PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 10:46 am
    ----
I made these at Christmas for the family
This is one of Antonio Carluccio's recipes
150ml/1/4 pint extra thick double cream
300g/10oz good quality plain chocolate (I used Belgium milk chocolate instead)
3 tablespoons brandy, rum or orange flavoured liquer (Quantro)
(Here you can buy tubs 150ml of the extra thick cream with the brandy etc already in it)

Cocoa powder for dusting (variety can be made by using crushed amarreto biscuits or dessicated coconut for covering the chocloates with or melt some chocolate and cover them with that.

Heat the cream without boiling Remove from the heat and stir in the chocolate
Leave for 2/3 minutes then stir until chocolate is melted and smooth.
Pour mixture inot a bowl and chill until firm (approx 2 hours)

Dust hand with the cocoa powder and shape teaspoonfuls of the mixture into small balls roll in more cocoa powder
(I didnt dust my hands with the cocoa powder I just made sure my hands were damp it worked better- especially if you were covering the chocolates with a variety of coverings. I keep mine in the fridge until I want to hand them out. They freeze well too.

Emmy

ps These are excellent for putting inches on the hips!! Smile

#2: Re: Home Made Chocolates Author: nucciaLocation: Toronto, Ontario, Canada PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 10:56 am
    ----
emmy you are wicked. These sound absolutely delicious. And they sound so easy to make. Smile

#3: Re: Home Made Chocolates Author: EmmyLocation: Scotland PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 6:58 pm
    ----
Nuccia these chocolates are SO EASY to make and are also SO EASY to eat Smile
You should try them out!!
Naughty Emmy xx

#4: Re: Home Made Chocolates Author: nucciaLocation: Toronto, Ontario, Canada PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 10:24 pm
    ----
Oh I bet they are. Simy brought chocolates from Italy and I was really good until today. But now.... Embarassed

#5: Re: Home Made Chocolates Author: Cathy PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 11:16 pm
    ----
Wow - sounds great! Very Happy I have a bottle of Chambord (raspberry liquor) I bet that would taste good. It's all sugar free and fat free, right Emmy? Wink

#6: Re: Home Made Chocolates Author: EmmyLocation: Scotland PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 4:26 pm
    ----
Cathy
That raspberry liquor sounds just great.
I think if you are good at lying to youself then YES these chocolates will be all fat and sugar free Razz Razz Razz Wink Wink Wink
kiss Emmy

#7: Re: Home Made Chocolates Author: Cathy PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 12:46 am
    ----
Yikes Emmy - I made a cheesecake Christmas Eve that was so yummy with fresh raspberries, Chambord and these yummy chocolate baking chips filled with raspberry creme! It was so good! All fat free and calorie free, of course! Wink

#8: Re: Home Made Chocolates Author: nucciaLocation: Toronto, Ontario, Canada PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 2:32 pm
    ----
Hey..if these are sugar and fat free then how come I am gaining weight just reading the recipes? Confused

#9: Re: Home Made Chocolates Author: EmmyLocation: Scotland PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 5:21 pm
    ----
Nuccia, silly girl, Wink didnt you know that its READING recipes that put the weight on. You must eat the chocolates to prove they are fat and sugar free and they cant possibly make you gain weight because they dont stay very long in your mouth and disappear very quickly hide hide hide hide hide hide
Emmy

#10: Re: Home Made Chocolates Author: nucciaLocation: Toronto, Ontario, Canada PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 10:21 pm
    ----
Oh is that the secret? Well then I think I shall start my diet this weekend. Thank you so much for the heads up on this emmy! Smile

-> Recipes