Click Here to Print Page

Page Topic: Commune di Pieve di Cadore?
-> Northern Italy

#61: Re: Commune di Pieve di Cadore? Author: BillieDeKidLocation: Illinois PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 3:56 am
    ----
Congratulations Joe!!!! Great job Carole!

#62: Re: Commune di Pieve di Cadore? Author: CaroleLocation: Valtellina - Near Lake Como PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 7:34 am
    ----
JoeB wrote:
Carole, Thank you so much. We can't believe that we now have a family for Francesco Romano DeMaso, all because of your efforts. I can't wait to add these new relatives to my family tree. And then... I can begin tracking down their ancestors. Yes, I can hear you screaming... "oh no."

Again, thank you,
Joe B.

Isn't it great Joe? And two still living in the same area...

But if you hear any yelling from me over here, it won't be to say "Oh no!", but

OH YES!!

Translation:
YIPPEE.....
!



#63: Re: Commune di Pieve di Cadore? Author: JoeBLocation: Chicago Area PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 11:38 am
    ----
Thanks Billie the kid. I can't believe I've been working on Francesco for all these years and Carole solved the mystery almost overnight.

Carole, you haven't mentioned that your a skilled musician--an Alpine rap group I'll bet. Or is it a Dolomite group? I would love to hear the audio. I've attached a pic of our country band circa 1976. We rocked! Joe


Last edited by JoeB on Tue Jan 27, 2009 1:04 pm; edited 1 time in total

#64: Re: Commune di Pieve di Cadore? Author: uantitiLocation: Biella (Piedmont) and Venezia/Venice, Italy PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 12:55 pm
    ----
Joe,
my two cents:
I've noticed that your ancestor had a nickname Pitùs, pronounced with accent on ù. In case you are interested this is a dialect word meaning Chick.

Ada

#65: Re: Commune di Pieve di Cadore? Author: JoeBLocation: Chicago Area PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 1:06 pm
    ----
Thanks Ada, I was wondering about Pitus. The name was never referred to here in the states. In fact no one knew of the middle name Romano. His middle name here was Luigi. In fact his gravestone has Frank L. De Maso on it. I guess he took his father's given name rather than Romano. Thanks again, Joe

#66: Re: Commune di Pieve di Cadore? Author: nucciaLocation: Toronto, Ontario, Canada PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 2:27 pm
    ----
Hey Joe..

That was you? Surprised Cool. Thanks for posting that... Smile

#67: Re: Commune di Pieve di Cadore? Author: JoeBLocation: Chicago Area PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 2:38 pm
    ----
nuccia wrote:
Hey Joe..

That was you? Surprised Cool. Thanks for posting that... Smile

Yep, 35 years ago. Now my music comes from the local pub's juke box... Mr. Green And the young kid is going to be 50!

Joe

#68: Re: Commune di Pieve di Cadore? Author: JoeBLocation: Chicago Area PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 3:02 pm
    ----
JoeB wrote:
Carole, Thank you so much. We can't believe that we now have a family for Francesco Romano DeMaso, all because of your efforts. I can't wait to add these new relatives to my family tree. And then... I can begin tracking down their ancestors. Yes, I can hear you screaming... "oh no."

Again, thank you,
Joe B.

Hi Carole, Me again.

I guess if I'm to continue my Pieve di Cadore research I will need some Italian postage stamps. The post they sent me was marked "Priority Mail" and cost 00,85 Euros which I assume is about $1.25 US. So, I guess if I sent them stamped return envelopes with a 1 Euro stamp attached on each I would be OK? Now if your willing to send me, say, 15 1 Euro stamps how much do I need to send you in order to cover the stamps and any costs incurred by you?

Thanks, Joe

#69: Re: Commune di Pieve di Cadore? Author: JoeBLocation: Chicago Area PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 3:10 pm
    ----
Funny thing happening today. We're going to an 80th birthday party for one of Francesco Romano De Maso's grand daughters, my wife's oldest sister. How strange is that? Part of her gift will be the Commune Di Pieve Di Cadore letter...Wow.. Joe

#70: Re: Commune di Pieve di Cadore? Author: CaroleLocation: Valtellina - Near Lake Como PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 3:33 pm
    ----
Hahahaha...Me? In a musical group? Yeah, right.....

That photo was of the famous 'alpenhorne' used for centuries to "call" from one valley to another. Nowadays they are used mainly during festivals and Saint's Days in the mountain areas. When grouped together they can sound quite impressive...

Here is a sample of a Swiss Alpine Horn Group.
>ALPINE HORNS<
Hope you like it.


Last edited by Carole on Mon Jan 26, 2009 7:40 am; edited 1 time in total

#71: Re: Commune di Pieve di Cadore? Author: CaroleLocation: Valtellina - Near Lake Como PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 3:43 pm
    ----
JoeB wrote:


Hi Carole, Me again.

I guess if I'm to continue my Pieve di Cadore research I will need some Italian postage stamps. The post they sent me was marked "Priority Mail" and cost 00,85 Euros which I assume is about $1.25 US. So, I guess if I sent them stamped return envelopes with a 1 Euro stamp attached on each I would be OK? Now if your willing to send me, say, 15 1 Euro stamps how much do I need to send you in order to cover the stamps and any costs incurred by you?

Thanks, Joe

Well it's funny you should ask that because Nucia and I (aka "Gente di Mare") are about to launch our new Postage Stamp Service (watch this space folks... the new 'Services Page' is almost ready.)

But in the meantime Joe I can say that Posta Priorità stamps are done in a variety of prices according to the rate required.



For a letter of 'up to' 20g to North America the cost is €0.85c. These are the stamps that I normally purchase. If you are asking for several documents from one office then it would be sensible to enclose TWO stamps.

Never attach them to a self addressed envelope - let them provide the suitable size and then attach your stamps. They seem to like this idea/way of working.

So I will get your 15 stamps this week and invoice you via PayPal for thier cost - OK?

#72: Re: Commune di Pieve di Cadore? Author: JoeBLocation: Chicago Area PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 10:05 pm
    ----
Carole wrote:
JoeB wrote:


Hi Carole, Me again.

I guess if I'm to continue my Pieve di Cadore research I will need some Italian postage stamps. The post they sent me was marked "Priority Mail" and cost 00,85 Euros which I assume is about $1.25 US. So, I guess if I sent them stamped return envelopes with a 1 Euro stamp attached on each I would be OK? Now if your willing to send me, say, 15 1 Euro stamps how much do I need to send you in order to cover the stamps and any costs incurred by you?

Thanks, Joe

Well it's funny you should ask that because Nucia and I (aka "Gente di Mare") are about to launch our new Postage Stamp Service (watch this space folks... the new 'Services Page' is almost ready.)

But in the meantime Joe I can say that Posta Priorità stamps are done in a variety of prices according to the rate required.



For a letter of 'up to' 20g to North America the cost is €0.85c. These are the stamps that I normally purchase. If you are asking for several documents from one office then it would be sensible to enclose TWO stamps.

Never attach them to a self addressed envelope - let them provide the suitable size and then attach your stamps. They seem to like this idea/way of working.

So I will get your 15 stamps this week and invoice you via PayPal for thier cost - OK?

Yes, that would be fine with me. Thanks Carole.

Joe

#73: Re: Commune di Pieve di Cadore? Author: JoeBLocation: Chicago Area PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 10:10 pm
    ----
Carole, one more favor...God I feel so stupid. Would translate Roberto's words?


Ho inserito tutti i dati nel sito, controlla che tutto vada bene
Cordialmente a presto
Roberto

Thanks, Joe

#74: Re: Commune di Pieve di Cadore? Author: CaroleLocation: Valtellina - Near Lake Como PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 10:55 pm
    ----
JoeB wrote:
Carole, one more favor...God I feel so stupid. Would translate Roberto's words?


Ho inserito tutti i dati nel sito, controlla che tutto vada bene
Cordialmente a presto
Roberto

Thanks, Joe


Translation:
I have put all the details on the site, check that it's all Ok.
Cordially yours
Roberto


#75: Re: Commune di Pieve di Cadore? Author: JoeBLocation: Chicago Area PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 11:13 pm
    ----
Thanks Carole...again. Joe



-> Northern Italy

All times are GMT - 4 Hours

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next  :| |:
Page 5 of 8