Click Here to Print Page

Page Topic: Hello
-> About Us

#1: Hello Author: BonValLocation: Florida PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 7:38 pm
    ----
Hello all! Just joined here last night but recognize a few of you from other websites. Smile Wanted to let you all know I have just begun a genealogy website at freepages.genealogy.ro...opannozzo/
At this site I am including information about Itri and Campodimele, Italy and eventually hope to transcribe most of the databases I can get ahold of on the area. Our main family surnames are Di Crocco and Pannozzo.
Additionally I have started a blog at valentinoswife.wordpress.com where I will be posting about trials and tribulations along with the laughter and tears of my research and family. Please join in any time over there but it has the same basic rules as here - as I state I am the Mama and I get to send you back to your room if you misbehave! Wink
Bonnie Jean ( also known as Mama D)

#2: Re: Hello Author: BillieDeKidLocation: Illinois PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 7:48 pm
    ----
Hi Bonnie and welcome to Gente!! Nice to have you on board.

Elizabeth

#3: Re: Hello Author: CaroleLocation: Valtellina - Near Lake Como PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 8:09 pm
    ----
Hi Mama D and welcome to 'our place'. Both of your sites look really good - we wish you the best of luck with them.

I look forward to reading your posts and, where possible we will try and either guide or help you with your research

giornale

#4: Re: Hello Author: nucciaLocation: Toronto, Ontario, Canada PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 8:09 pm
    ----
Hi Bonnie (AKA Mama)

Nice to see you here and I hope you won't be a stranger. By the way, have you entered your surnames in the Surname Database yet? I can add them if you like.

I can't wait to check out your site. Going there now! Smile

#5: Re: Hello Author: BonValLocation: Florida PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 9:19 pm
    ----
kiss Thank you all! I look forward to chatting/blogging with all of you!
I did upload a basic surnames page to valentino'swife wordpress blog but it will be a bit of work before all the transcriptions are completed. I am trying to decide what to do about folks that appear to still be living because there is no death date attached. But will be working on the older databases as fast as I can -- let me just say genealogy is gosh darn addicting, it ovewhelms one's life! Ha! At times it seems nothing goes right with it! neclord
And then fortune smiles with a blinding light!
We had one of those epiphany moments -- the freepage made a connection to a living relative - Val's second cousin - and she is living within 3 miles of us - she moved to Florida from NJ! Through her husband's discovering my page, we received an email and met - they spent Christmas Day with us - and then as her family came to visit in the last two weeks, we met a sister -- and then --- we drove to Stuart Fl neat Frt Lauderdale area to meet the daughters of two of the sisters! This was so exciting because the daughters are about our ages and the 2nd cousins are older. We might have almost meeting them without the contact via freepages website! So basically Val has decided my obsession is paying off with VERY positive results! Especially because all of his siblings are still overseas! Smile

#6: Re: Hello Author: liviomorenoLocation: Rome (Italy) PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 4:44 am
    ----
BonVal, welcome to the forum and congrats for your sites.
I am known in his forum for being an overmeticulous critic ( Twisted Evil ), therefore I would like to suggest a couple of cosmetics:
In http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~dicroccopannozzo/ , at the very beginning you have this sentence, in Italian:
Entri e sieda un poco per! Goda una tazza di espresso e brucatura!
well, the term brucatura brings to my Italian mind the image of a sheep eating grass. I suggest You change the whole sentence to: Entra, siediti e goditi una bella tazza di caffe mentre navighi!.

On the blog, the title should be changed to Amore e Sapore di Famiglia

#7: Re: Hello Author: CaroleLocation: Valtellina - Near Lake Como PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 6:57 am
    ----
liviomoreno wrote:
BonVal, welcome to the forum and congrats for your sites.
I am known in his forum for being an overmeticulous critic ( Twisted Evil ), therefore I would like to suggest a couple of cosmetics:
In http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~dicroccopannozzo/ , at the very beginning you have this sentence, in Italian:
Entri e sieda un poco per! Goda una tazza di espresso e brucatura!
well, the term brucatura brings to my Italian mind the image of a sheep eating grass. I suggest You change the whole sentence to: Entra, siediti e goditi una bella tazza di caffe mentre navighi!.

On the blog, the title should be changed to Amore e Sapore di Famiglia

Hey Mama D - don't worry, you'll get used to 'our' Livio kiss ...

But always remember his advice is usually 'spot on' and is always offered to help, never as criticism. I consider myself a fairly good translator, but he doesn't hesitate to correct me too, and I'm grateful for that.

You will see that sometimes, following a 'suggestion', a long debate ensues think about 'this word' or 'that word' and everybody joins in - and I've not found a better way yet to improve my craft!

#8: Re: Hello Author: JamesBiancoLocation: Westfield, MA. PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 11:01 am
    ----
Hey there Smile

Great job on your website!

and Welcome!!

Very Happy

#9: Re: Hello Author: VincenzaLocation: Michigan PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 11:09 am
    ----
Welcome to Gente.

Great job on your site.

Vincenza

#10: Re: Hello Author: BonValLocation: Florida PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 12:46 pm
    ----
Thank you! I am not offended by helpful comments! I wondered about that sentence too -- it did not "feel" right but I am a very basic learning stage of Italian - so I struggle along! Ha! as for Famiglia - that was indeed a typo! Sigh... fingers sometimes get ahead of the brain! He! Embarassed

#11: Re: Hello Author: nucciaLocation: Toronto, Ontario, Canada PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 5:35 pm
    ----
He he Bonnie..Livio got you too! My first email from Livio was about correcting the name Guiseppe to Giuseppe..and it was meant for Cathy! lol lol

Now she is forever posting thing's here for Livio to correct... Wink

#12: Re: Hello Author: CaroleLocation: Valtellina - Near Lake Como PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 7:16 pm
    ----
BonVal wrote:
Thank you! I am not offended by helpful comments! I wondered about that sentence too -- it did not "feel" right but I am a very basic learning stage of Italian - so I struggle along! Ha! as for Famiglia - that was indeed a typo! Sigh... fingers sometimes get ahead of the brain! He! Embarassed

You don't know how lucky you are....

I swear my fingers are DSLYEXCI... DLEXISIC... DIXYLICS... Oh dammit, it's just they don't always work properly.

I thought it must be the keyboard:

but now I'm not so sure .... Embarassed

#13: Re: Hello Author: Cathy PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 11:44 pm
    ----
Sorry I'm late here...I've been quite busy. (overwhelmed is more like it)
Welcome to Gente! I did get a chance to look at your sites - very nice. Livio is my knight and shing armour! As Nuccia mentioned my spelling of Italian names was atrocious! Thanks to Livio (and thousands of records I have read) I am much better now! Livio rocks! Very Happy Welcome and we all hope you enjoy your stay here.

#14: Re: Hello Author: BonValLocation: Florida PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 1:49 am
    ----
Cathy -- blame it on the bad handwriting on old documents - I had a very very bad copy of a birth certificate and took a family member's word for it that it said Violetta -- and trees I submitted to FTM 12 years ago still are on old CD bundles Embarassed (they do not edit old bundles but keep putting the info out there on web searches)! So now I have aalmost original type copy and the name? Nicoletta..... Crying or Very sad Another good lesson about reverifying any web search information.

#15: Re: Hello Author: nucciaLocation: Toronto, Ontario, Canada PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 5:12 pm
    ----
Hi Bonnie,

I was able to enter all your surnames into the database and linked your freepages website to it. I hope it helps you. If you have a chance, look it over and make sure I haven't made any errors..(Had to enter over a hundred names last night so very possible I made a few boos by 3 am this morning).. Embarassed

-> About Us