Click Here to Print Page

Page Topic: Back On Line for now - ALMOST FINISHED!
-> General Discussion Groups

#1: Back On Line for now - ALMOST FINISHED! Author: CaroleLocation: Valtellina - Near Lake Como PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 10:07 am
    ----
In the light of the great news about the 'update' progress and the success so far by our 'techie guy kiss I thought I would try out the video embed function with this particulat You Tube vide which seem to capture just how Nuccia and I are feeling right at this moment.... (if it works)

ENJOY!

www.youtube.com/watch?v=kXgbN81zNG8

#2: Re: Back On Line for now - ALMOST FINISHED! Author: lilbeesLocation: Georgia, USA PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 10:44 am
    ----
Wow! How perfect on a beautiful Valentine's Day...............

lilbees

#3: Re: Back On Line for now - ALMOST FINISHED! Author: BonValLocation: Florida PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 9:58 pm
    ----
Ohhhhh -- if I can stop crying long enough to type, how beautiful was this!!! Precious Luciano - still loved and missed like no other! When Valentino and I were first married, we were fortunate enough to see him live here in the US - Opera Under the Stars! awesome - and then later when he gave free concerts, we were in Modena - we watched from our family place there while windows were open enough to hear the traffic!
Back on topic - neato that the site is running perfectly!!! YAY!! (Sigh -- addiction/obsession is beginning to take over - I feel like I need my Gente di Mare fix wayyyyy too often now!)

#4: Re: Back On Line for now - ALMOST FINISHED! Author: nucciaLocation: Toronto, Ontario, Canada PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 3:13 am
    ----
OMG..another addict! I think soon we will all need therapy. lol Carole and I were online as Devon was working on the site (one of the perks of being Admins..we get to log in while in maintenance mode) and we watched the progress. Funny but it was really exciting for us to see the changes happening. By 5:30 am this morning though I was totally wiped out and had to go to bed.

Carole, it is a lovely video..thank you. Devon is still trying to work on the video embed thing. I can't remember the code though (but even if I did, I wouldn't know where to put it, but he does) so I hope he has it.

#5: Re: Back On Line for now - ALMOST FINISHED! Author: Devon PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 6:48 am
    ----
Flag Mod Test:

MP3 (from external url):

YouTube Test:

GVid Test:

Flash SWF Test:

Smile At least YouTube vids are working right now.
When it asks you for the YouTube video id, enter everything after v=.
Don't get tricked by the v=- that sometimes appears. Include the - as well because it is part of the video id youtube assigns the movie.

This site has more embed options than you can shake a stick at now. Include mp3's, flash videos, streaming .AVI or .MOV links.

This is called the BBCode media button mod just for future sake so that you know you have a non-standard forum mod (no additional database tables used though). This mod will break with the next site upgrade (or bbcode overwrite). It's something that has to be continually redone because the cms doesn't come with it by default.

Have fun embedding.

Last edited by Devon on Mon Feb 16, 2009 8:01 am; edited 1 time in total

#6: Re: Back On Line for now - ALMOST FINISHED! Author: CaroleLocation: Valtellina - Near Lake Como PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 7:59 am
    ----
Wow - that's great (*says while doing a double backward somersault with forward twist*)

Devon that makes the pages so much neater and it's easy for people to do...

kiss

[undefined][undefined]BTW - Did you manage to check out our 'Glitches' thread yet?[/undefined][/undefined]
OOPS
I Tried to make this BOLD - twice but look what happened!

#7: Re: Back On Line for now - ALMOST FINISHED! Author: Devon PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 8:19 am
    ----
I'm keeping an eye on the glitches thread yes.

MySpace Video Test:

#8: Re: Back On Line for now - ALMOST FINISHED! Author: Devon PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 8:23 am
    ----
As a reminder the embeds are built into bbcode. Where ever on the site you can use bbcode you can also embed using the above methods. For example, in news articles, news comments, or gallery commenting. In some instances the option will not be available to use such as smilie codes in the news yet if you use them they still work.

-> General Discussion Groups