Click Here to Print Page

Page Topic: The Rubics cube...
-> Jokes & Riddles-Clean Jokes Only

#1: The Rubics cube... Author: JoeBLocation: Chicago Area PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2009 11:43 pm
    ----
The Rubik’s Cube

So I bought a Rubik's Cube because it was staring at me from the Walgreen's check-out counter. I thought to myself, this should be a fun way to waste a few hours now and then... WRONG. The troublesome little thing is driving me crazy. I have printed out so-called solutions from the Internet that look like the plans for a nuclear reactor. I study these plans for hours. Then I pick it up, work myself into a near breakdown, and finally, hands trembling, I look at it's little multicolored squares which are scattered around the cube like gumballs in a gumball machine and decide that I'm going to destroy it with a ball-peen hammer, a very large ball-peen hammer. Except that it cost me 10 bucks.

(one day later)

Well, I'm calmed down now, so I think I'll give it one more try, just one more. Then I'm calling that Lifeline in Pakistan....

#2: Re: The Rubics cube... Author: CaroleLocation: Valtellina - Near Lake Como PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 5:59 am
    ----
Rolling Eyes Very Happy

Oh I tried one of those (once) when they first came out.

The only way I could finish it was by taking it to bits and then putting it back together in the right order....

hide

#3: Re: The Rubics cube... Author: ElevenLocation: New York PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 1:12 pm
    ----
We had one when it first came out. I bought it for one of my kids. The only time we saw the puzzle in its finished state, was when we bought it. Nobody got anywhere with it.

To be honest, I can find so many, much better ways, to waste my time..lol

#4: Re: The Rubics cube... Author: JoeBLocation: Chicago Area PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 2:15 pm
    ----
Eleven wrote:
We had one when it first came out. I bought it for one of my kids. The only time we saw the puzzle in its finished state, was when we bought it. Nobody got anywhere with it.

To be honest, I can find so many, much better ways, to waste my time..lol

You've got that right. I'd rather drink a pint in the local pub.

I haven't found anyone that can do the cube. Many tell me "when I was younger I would solve it in minutes," I say show me, they say "well it's been a while." I eventually gave it to one of my grand daughters. I asked how she was doing after a week or two. She said, "I think I lost it."

#5: Re: The Rubics cube... Author: nucciaLocation: Toronto, Ontario, Canada PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 4:07 pm
    ----
Uh..Joe,

Believe it or not, I DID mention to do it once...when I was much, much, much, younger. SO when I saw them about a year ago I thought, "hey, I wonder if I can still do this. It can't be that hard." Ok..12 months later and I think the dog is playing with it now because I couldn't get two complete sides done!

Yea..I don't have time for that now at all..

#6: Re: The Rubics cube... Author: JoeBLocation: Chicago Area PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 5:02 pm
    ----
nuccia wrote:
Uh..Joe,

Believe it or not, I DID mention to do it once...when I was much, much, much, younger. SO when I saw them about a year ago I thought, "hey, I wonder if I can still do this. It can't be that hard." Ok..12 months later and I think the dog is playing with it now because I couldn't get two complete sides done!

Yea..I don't have time for that now at all..

Yep, no time for those things...or jigsaw puzzles, or crossword puzzles, or anything else that is puzzling. I am thinking about maybe tinker toys. Very Happy

-> Jokes & Riddles-Clean Jokes Only