Click Here to Print Page

Page Topic: Calabria tourism
-> General Discussion Groups

#16: Re: Calabria tourism Author: Cathy PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 3:13 pm
    ----
liviomoreno wrote:
This is a London Cab!

They don't have a "Come to Calabria" campaign in the US! Crying or Very sad

#17: Re: Calabria tourism Author: ElevenLocation: New York PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 4:08 pm
    ----
Ohhh I remember the "bring the friends home" days...heh..and some of them never left. My son would let his friends in thru his bedroom window. We didnt even know they were in there, until they would all leave to go out and 5-6 guys that I never saw go in..came out. And food? I dont think I spend in a month now..what I used to spend in a week..lol

But ya know..my doors were always opened for all the friends of my 3 kids. At least I knew where they were, what they were doing, who they were with...and they were safe. I would do it all over again. I actually, sometimes miss it.

#18: Re: Calabria tourism Author: JoeBLocation: Chicago Area PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 4:19 pm
    ----
Eleven wrote:
Ohhh I remember the "bring the friends home" days...heh..and some of them never left. My son would let his friends in thru his bedroom window. We didnt even know they were in there, until they would all leave to go out and 5-6 guys that I never saw go in..came out. And food? I dont think I spend in a month now..what I used to spend in a week..lol

But ya know..my doors were always opened for all the friends of my 3 kids. At least I knew where they were, what they were doing, who they were with...and they were safe. I would do it all over again. I actually, sometimes miss it.

Same thing here, 5 kids all grown. Friends always hung out at our house. I still bump into people who say "Hey, Mr. B. remember me?" Usually I don't...They probably came in and left through the window. Good memories.

#19: Re: Calabria tourism Author: nucciaLocation: Toronto, Ontario, Canada PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 4:23 pm
    ----
Oh you so have that right, eleven! I have two teenage boys and a pre teen daughter. This house is ALWAYS full of people. When I was home recuperating after my surgery I would see teenagers in and out all day! One girl would show up at all hours just to use the bathroom! We still make fun of her today.

My food bills went through the roof those months (and sometimes still do) as I never know who is going to be here for dinner..but like you, I would rather have them in the house than out somewhere God knows where doing God knows what. At least this way, I can keep an eye on them.

Joe, I now keep my windows locked..lol

I know I am going to miss it too someday, but right now, it sometimes gets a bit overwhelming.

#20: Re: Calabria tourism Author: ElevenLocation: New York PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 4:35 pm
    ----
Heheh..funny story about the window bit. My sons friend lou..was one of the window kids. They have been friends since they are 11 (they are 42 now). He was an usher when my son got married, and due to his work hours, he wasnt going to be able to return his tuxedo, the following monday. My son was coming here to sleep the second night of his marriage and the next day, they were leaving for jamaica...so my son was going to bring his tuxedo here the day after the wedding, for my husband to return. We told lou, we would bring his back too. He could come to our house after the wedding to change.

As you all know, with italian weddings, just because the music stops..you cant seem to get out of the place. Everyone has to say goodnight, kiss etc. It wasnt until we were in the limo, on the way home..that I thought about lou and his tuxedo. I knew he left before we did. I got home..and went in my sons room and there on the bed, was lou's tuxedo. At 32 years old..he had just used the old method and climbed in the window..lol

-> General Discussion Groups