Click Here to Print Page

Page Topic: Some "Good News"
-> General Discussion Groups

#1: Some "Good News" Author: carnieLocation: Barnsley. South Yorks. PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 3:21 pm
    ----
After a long and fruitless search on my part, our excellent friend "Riccardo" has come up trumps in obtaining details of my Grandfathers birth record in the village of Pico. Riccardo as we all know is an exceptional and kind person, I cannot praise him enough and I hope I don't cause him any embarresment by saying so he is a true friend.
The family of Gente "Rocks" as Iv'e said so in the past all of you are great.
So it's with great pleasure that I can use the dancing bananas to celebrate my good news.

party

Cheers Carnie.

#2: Re: Some "Good News" Author: ElevenLocation: New York PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 4:10 pm
    ----
Yayyy!! Thats fantastic.

#3: Re: Some "Good News" Author: JamesBiancoLocation: Westfield, MA. PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 4:23 pm
    ----
You wouldn't be the first and definitely won't be the last to praise Riccardo's great work!

Congrats on the discovery!!

Very Happy

#4: Re: Some "Good News" Author: VincenzaLocation: Michigan PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 5:37 pm
    ----
That's great news, Go go Riccardo your amazing.

Vincenza

#5: Re: Some "Good News" Author: BillieDeKidLocation: Illinois PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 6:42 pm
    ----
Congrats Mike!!!

Riccardo rocks!!!!

#6: Re: Some "Good News" Author: nucciaLocation: Toronto, Ontario, Canada PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 8:25 pm
    ----
Mike,

I am so happy for you! The week before, Riccardo found my gggrandfather's marriage record that I had also been looking for for about a year without any luck. He's amazing. If it's ok with you, can we move this thread to the public board? It's a shame that there are only a few of us that will see this great news here. Unless of course you would rather keep it private, in which case we can leave it where it is.

#7: Re: Some "Good News" Author: carnieLocation: Barnsley. South Yorks. PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2009 6:12 am
    ----
Nuccia, I have no problem with you moving it to the public board.
Riccardo's a great member of Gente.
Mike.

#8: Re: Some "Good News" Author: lilbeesLocation: Georgia, USA PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2009 9:32 am
    ----
Riccardo is always the man to come through!

lilbees

#9: Re: Some "Good News" Author: carnieLocation: Barnsley. South Yorks. PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 2:44 pm
    ----
Following on from what Riccardo found, my Grandfather Francesco Carnevale was born on the 5th May 1874, his Father was Antonino & his Mother was Sassia.
Antoninos father was Benedetto, and Sassia's father was Giovanni. We are now working on who my Grandfathers brothers & sisters were. It was also interesting to note tha Sassia's maiden name was also Carnevale, I suspect that she was a cousin. It wasn't uncommon though in those days for families to arrange things like this.

#10: Re: Some "Good News" Author: BillieDeKidLocation: Illinois PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 3:48 pm
    ----
Very nice Mike. Keep us updated as your research progresses. It will be interesting to see where your grandparents lines cross.

Hope you're doing well and glad to see you post.

#11: Re: Some "Good News" Author: BonValLocation: Florida PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 5:00 pm
    ----
Dancing bananas were definately called for - awesome! We all can appreciate that feeling of pure exhileration when we find a missing link like that. Having gotten 9 generations on Val's paternal line and NOWHERE on his mother's, I understand the frustration of a brick wall at the first move - it''s one thing to be stuck back a hundred or so years and another when a search stops dead in the water at first move! Sigh!

#12: Re: Some "Good News" Author: nucciaLocation: Toronto, Ontario, Canada PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 5:19 pm
    ----
That's great news Mike! I'm so excited for you!

Bonnie..I know EXACTLY how you feel. I have gone so far back on my material line and barely anything on my paternal line which is so frustrating. Lucky for me Riccardo was able to find something for me just before he found Carnies records which should help.

On another note. I did have a bit of a breakthrough on my husbands paternal side this weekend. Lou's dad was Czech and came through Quebec in about 1954 as a stowaway. With the help of a priest he changed his name and stayed in the country. I won't hijack Mike's thread so I will post more later.

#13: Re: Some "Good News" Author: Cathy PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 7:37 pm
    ----
How did I miss this? Shocked WOO HOO!!! Yay Riccardo and Yay Mike! Thats great news!
party

-> General Discussion Groups