Click Here to Print Page

Page Topic: Help with a first name please
-> Translations

#1: Help with a first name please Author: BillieDeKidLocation: Illinois PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 10:25 pm
    ----
I have a birth act and I don't know what the fathers first name is. Something I've never seen before. Looks like Besilio Francesco Crispo.

I don't need anything else on the document translated just his first name. Thanks.

Very Happy

#2: Re: Help with a first name please Author: Biff83Location: Florida PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 10:41 pm
    ----
HI, Elizabeth

Best guess, Basilio.

Baci,
Biff

#3: Re: Help with a first name please Author: BillieDeKidLocation: Illinois PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 11:35 pm
    ----
Thanks Biff. I've never heard that name before.

#4: Re: Help with a first name please Author: alanmercieca PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 1:22 am
    ----
Looks like Basilio to me too ...someone was named after basil ...

Here is info on the name Basilio

Behind the Name: Meaning, Origin and History of the Name Basilio

#5: Re: Help with a first name please Author: BillieDeKidLocation: Illinois PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 2:14 am
    ----
Thanks for the link alanmercieca.

So between you and Biff..........my vote goes for Basilio.

Thanks again to both of you.

#6: Re: Help with a first name please Author: nucciaLocation: Toronto, Ontario, Canada PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 3:18 am
    ----
Make that three. Basilio it definitely is! Smile

#7: Re: Help with a first name please Author: LucaLocation: Terni - Italy PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 5:35 am
    ----
Basilio Francesco Crispo ( www.significatodeinomi...asilio.htm or www.gens.labo.net/it/n...me=BASILIO )

Luca

#8: Re: Help with a first name please Author: CaroleLocation: Valtellina - Near Lake Como PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 7:14 am
    ----
Luca wrote:
Basilio Francesco Crispo ( www.significatodeinomi...asilio.htm or www.gens.labo.net/it/n...me=BASILIO )

Luca

Nice site Luca.... Smile

#9: Re: Help with a first name please Author: BillieDeKidLocation: Illinois PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 10:46 am
    ----
Thanks to all and thank you for the links Luca.

#10: Re: Help with a first name please Author: LucaLocation: Terni - Italy PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 7:15 pm
    ----
This is interesting too (unfortunately for you in italian): cronologia.leonardo.it...nomi01.htm

L.

#11: Re: Help with a first name please Author: CaroleLocation: Valtellina - Near Lake Como PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 7:48 pm
    ----
Luca wrote:
This is interesting too (unfortunately for you in italian): cronologia.leonardo.it...nomi01.htm

L.

Mmmmm think
But we could always translate any explanations if they were needed - right Luca?

giornale

#12: Re: Help with a first name please Author: BillieDeKidLocation: Illinois PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 9:43 pm
    ----
Thank you for that link Luca.

I could understand enough of the first two paragraphs to cast a vote for YES!

I'd like to suggest that the opening paragraphs of this link be translated to English and be put on in the Resource Pages Forum. That way if anyone is interested in the etymology of a surname they will have a great resource to look at and can always ask for the translation associated to a particular name of interest. Very Happy

ummmmm that is, if SOMEONE would be willing to do it hide

What do you think of the idea? peep

Edit to add.........I think it's very interesting, the 3 requirements for a name.

-> Translations