Click Here to Print Page

Page Topic: PROCESSETTI 1872 Catalano/Rescigno
-> Translations

#1: PROCESSETTI 1872 Catalano/Rescigno Author: lilbeesLocation: Georgia, USA PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 2:56 pm
    ----
I had to copy all the documents for my great grandmother to find her marriage to my great grandfather and her birth record.

I haven't the slightest idea what I am reading except for some short phrases.

If someone can help me out I would appreciate it.

Thank you
lilbees

#2: Re: PROCESSETTI 1872 Catalano/Rescigno Author: lilbeesLocation: Georgia, USA PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 2:58 pm
    ----
I do know my great grandparents Angela Catalano and Antonio Rescigno were married 30 Sep 1872 in Lercara. It would be helpful to know the ages of the parents of Angela and the witnesses to any of the documents.

But I do not know what the other documents are.

lilbees

#3: Re: PROCESSETTI 1872 Catalano/Rescigno Author: maryLocation: Ontario, Canada PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 4:16 pm
    ----
Lilbees,

Here is the last page.

The mayor of the Comune of Castellamare di Stabia certifies that Antonio Rescigno, son of Giovanni and Maria Angrisani, a native of Roccapiemonte, did not enter into marriage during his residence in this comune.

Stastellamare di Stabia, June 5, 1872.
(Signed) The Mayor, Official of the Registry Office
Ca....? Scanzoli

I don't have time now to look at the others. I will have a look when I can.

Mary

#4: Re: PROCESSETTI 1872 Catalano/Rescigno Author: lilbeesLocation: Georgia, USA PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 4:31 pm
    ----
At least I now know Antonio did in fact reside in Castellammare di Stabia prior to immigrating to Sicily. His older brother Francesco was married there and he may have stayed with them for a while. Now I am wondering if his father was still living at the time of his marriage.

Thank you Mary,
lilbees

#5: Re: PROCESSETTI 1872 Catalano/Rescigno Author: liviomorenoLocation: Rome (Italy) PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2009 4:22 am
    ----

This the cover page of a folder containing 4 attachments to the book register of the marriage acts, related to the marriage of Antonio Rescigno ed Angela Catalano.

These are the marriage banns (pubblicazioni di matrimonio) dated Sept 1 1892. I cannot read the town. Groom Antonio Rescigno, 26, occupation ????, born in Roccapiemonte, son of Giovanni and Maria Angrisano. Bride Angela Catalano, 17, daughter of Graziano (?) and Caterina Magro.

#6: Re: PROCESSETTI 1872 Catalano/Rescigno Author: liviomorenoLocation: Rome (Italy) PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2009 4:33 am
    ----

These are 2 copies of the same document:

Birth act (Estratto di nascita) of Antonio Rescigno
Born Roccapiemonte June 22 1846
Father Giovanni, 32, woodworker
Mother Maria Angrisano, 32

-> Translations