Click Here to Print Page

Page Topic: please help
-> Translations

#1: please help Author: Gina501Location: Houston, Texas PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 10:23 am
    ----
Can someone please help me with this? This is my cousin in Pescasseroli. I am guessing he's saying that everyone is ok but I just want to be sure. I dont need a word for word translation. Just let me know that my town survived. Thank you all so much. I am truly distraught.

Ciao gina è un piacere sentirti.
La zona interessata dal terremoto è soltanto L'Aquila e i paesi e immediatamente circostanti. Io e tutta la mia famiglia stiamo bene. PEscasseroli non è stato interessato dall'evento ma solo la zona di L'Aquila. Sentiamo le scosse anche qui ma molto attutite dalla distanza.
Ieri sono stato sul posto è la situazione e molto grave. Non mancano gli aiuti e l'organizzazione è buona. Molto ha fatto la Protezione Civile e molto i volontari. La città di L'Aquila è completamente distrutta così come molti paesi li vicino.
L'Aquila è il capoluogo dell'Abruzzo e questo provocherà una grande paralisi amministrativa di tutta la provincia perchè sono andati distrutti molti uffici pubblici.
Grazie del tuo interessamento a nome mio e di tutta la famiglia
un abbraccio a tutti voi
ti terrò aggiornata
grazie di cuore
Giovanni

#2: Re: please help Author: Poipu04Location: Connecticut PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 10:59 am
    ----
Gina, everyone there is ok. He said it only affected the zone around L'Aquila and the towns in the immediate vicinity. Pescasseroli was not involved. I will let the native speakers translate for you, but I did not want you to worry that something happened to your family.

#3: Re: please help Author: CaroleLocation: Valtellina - Near Lake Como PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 11:02 am
    ----
Gina501 wrote:
Can someone please help me with this? This is my cousin in Pescasseroli. I am guessing he's saying that everyone is ok but I just want to be sure. I dont need a word for word translation. Just let me know that my town survived. Thank you all so much. I am truly distraught.

Ciao gina è un piacere sentirti.
La zona interessata dal terremoto è soltanto L'Aquila e i paesi e immediatamente circostanti. Io e tutta la mia famiglia stiamo bene. PEscasseroli non è stato interessato dall'evento ma solo la zona di L'Aquila. Sentiamo le scosse anche qui ma molto attutite dalla distanza.
Ieri sono stato sul posto è la situazione e molto grave. Non mancano gli aiuti e l'organizzazione è buona. Molto ha fatto la Protezione Civile e molto i volontari. La città di L'Aquila è completamente distrutta così come molti paesi li vicino.
L'Aquila è il capoluogo dell'Abruzzo e questo provocherà una grande paralisi amministrativa di tutta la provincia perchè sono andati distrutti molti uffici pubblici.
Grazie del tuo interessamento a nome mio e di tutta la famiglia
un abbraccio a tutti voi
ti terrò aggiornata
grazie di cuore
Giovanni

Therer you are Gina.... all safe

Hi Gina it's a pleasure to hear from you.

The zone troubled by the earthquake is really only L'Aquila andthe villages immediately circling it. I and all my family are are well. Pescasseroli wasn't involved in the quake (called and event) but only the L'Aquila area. We feel the tremors but very moderate from a distance.

Yesterday I was there and the situation is very serious. There is plenty of help availablr and the organisation is very good. The Civil Protection has done a lot and there are many volunteers. The city of L'Aquila is completely destroyed as are the towns nearby. L'Aquila is the Centre of Abruzzo and this will now provke a great administrative paralysis for the whole province because so many public offices have been destroyed.

Thank you for your intereston behalf of everyone in the family a big hug to you all
I'll keep you updated.
Thank you from my heart.
Giovanni

#4: Re: please help Author: BillieDeKidLocation: Illinois PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 11:41 am
    ----
I'm glad everyone is ok Gina.

#5: Re: please help Author: nucciaLocation: Toronto, Ontario, Canada PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 11:48 am
    ----
Gina this is good news for your family. Unfortunately, we still have no word from my mother in laws family yet. We're hoping for the best...

#6: Re: please help Author: EmmyLocation: Scotland PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 12:59 pm
    ----
Gina I'm glad everyone in your family is safe.
Nuccia I do hope you get some word soon from your mother-in-law's family. Do they live in that immediate area?
Emmy

#7: Re: please help Author: VincenzaLocation: Michigan PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 1:02 pm
    ----
Gina, I'm happy that everyone is safe in your family.
Nuccia, I'm praying for good news for your family and many others.

Vincenza

#8: Re: please help Author: Gina501Location: Houston, Texas PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 2:48 pm
    ----
Carole, I can't thank you enough for the quick response. And thank you all for the good wishes. I am glad they are safe. And now, Nuccia, I will continue to pray for your family. Hopefully we will hear something soon.

#9: Re: please help Author: Poipu04Location: Connecticut PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 12:28 pm
    ----
My cousin in Rome said she felt the quake and was terrified but luckily they are ok. Nuccia, have you heard anything yet?

-> Translations