Click Here to Print Page

Page Topic: The Dork Empire Strikes Back!
-> Jokes & Riddles-Clean Jokes Only

#1: The Dork Empire Strikes Back! Author: CaroleLocation: Valtellina - Near Lake Como PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 5:38 am
    ----
Yes - you've guessed. It's now official - I AM A QUALIFIED DORK!

Yesterday when sorting out the intricacies of the new server for the forum, I recieved the invoice....

Well the invoice showed three sums - all allied to our sever purchase and the last showed that it was all paid and the balance was 'NIL'

It's just that I looked at it and worked out that it had just cost me nearly 8 times more than I thought it would neclord ..... HTG - I nearly had another heart attack. Nuccia was busy with something else and said to hang on and she would have a look. But I decided to break the habit of a lifetime and I responded immediately (BIIIIG mistake!)

So I rattled off my question to the Billing Dept. and in doing so I put my left foot firmly in my blo*dy mouth.... hide

This is what I sent them..... (and if I hear anyone laugh, 'Dorky Babe' will be really hurt!)

Can you please confirm to me exactly how much will be charged to my Visa Card account for the service for gentedimaregenealogy.com.

I asked a question on this and was told that it was $XXX for the first two years then continue at the rate in use then.

Now I have been sent an invoice that shows this:
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

What are these other charges of $XXX and $XXX for please?

So from $XXX I suddenly find I'm in for $XXXX!!!

Tell me you're joking!

Yep - that's what I sent them..... Nuccia came back and read what I'd sent and couldn't speak for laughing! Evil or Very Mad
The second larger figure was a discount and taking it away from the first figure it left what I was due to pay

So then -'Cap in hand' I sent this to the billing dept.

Hi Carla,
Thank you for not laughing out loud at this 'dork'.... My friends don't call me 'Dork Vader' for nothing you know .

But I had barely clicked on 'send' when I realised what was what! I hang my head in shame and embarrassment .... what can I say? Bet you don't get too many '68 year old Daft Brits' like me do you?

Sincere apologies for giving you (perhaps) the laugh of the month!

Best wishes,
Carole.

-> Jokes & Riddles-Clean Jokes Only