Click Here to Print Page

Page Topic: ľ registro dei fogli matricolari famiglia Rescigno
-> General Discussion Groups

#1: ľ registro dei fogli matricolari famiglia Rescigno Author: lilbeesLocation: Georgia, USA PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 9:11 am
    ----
It has been good news today for me. Received in my email a PDF document with 13 pages containing the above information for all Rescigno's listed in the Provincial Archives in Salerno. I had only requested 4 records and received all.

Have found children I did not know of and wives whose names I did not know before. It has been so exciting. I never thought I would receive this amount of information. I will admit, I shouldn't be surprised as the Salerno Archives has been very good in locating information for me.

This will enable me to send for marriage records, births, etc.

Below is a link to one of the pages I received.

lilbees

#2: Re: ľ registro dei fogli matricolari famiglia Rescigno Author: nucciaLocation: Toronto, Ontario, Canada PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 11:19 am
    ----
Thats great news, lilbees!

And thank you for keeping us posted. Smile

#3: Re: ľ registro dei fogli matricolari famiglia Rescigno Author: lilbeesLocation: Georgia, USA PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 11:22 am
    ----
Thanks Nuccia. Should anyone else like information from this please don't hesitate to contact me.

lilbees

#4: Re: ľ registro dei fogli matricolari famiglia Rescigno Author: JamesBiancoLocation: Westfield, MA. PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 11:41 am
    ----
Wow! That is an amazing printout from Salerno. My kids maternal ancestry is partially from Mercato San Sevarino. I wonder if writing to the archivio might help me find more.

Thanks for sharing!

Very Happy

#5: Re: ľ registro dei fogli matricolari famiglia Rescigno Author: lilbeesLocation: Georgia, USA PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 11:46 am
    ----
Hi James, all you can do is try.

I have waited for this information since October 2008. I had only requested 4 records if available. I think rather than just send me what I had originally requested they sent it all which I do appreciate. All Rescigno's in that area of the Province (all 13 pages).

Ironically, on that list, none of what I originally wanted was on it. Now I am waiting for the civil records office in Roccapiemonte for any death records, etc. It has been a while, but considering I waited for up to 3 years for much of what I now have months is not a long time.

Good luck.

lilbees

#6: Re: ľ registro dei fogli matricolari famiglia Rescigno Author: lilbeesLocation: Georgia, USA PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 6:10 pm
    ----
I have a correction to my note above. I have kept referring to the Archives, incorrectly I think, and should have said the Military District for the towns I am researching.

Since all of what I need is not in that particular area of the Military District, how do I search/write elsewhere? Also, the earliest year of birth was 1840 and 1842 but they were not in Roccapiemonte. Was registration begun at various times in each comune? (I was using the 1865 start date for beginnining of the registry).

I know my questions seem a little dumb but just trying to understand.

lilbees

-> General Discussion Groups