Click Here to Print Page

Page Topic: All is forgiven livio / could do with a bit of help
-> Translations

#1: All is forgiven livio / could do with a bit of help Author: EmmyLocation: Scotland PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 12:25 pm
    ----
I'm attaching some documents that have been made much clearer I'll post the others separately.
This one that has 1821 fogio 3 in the top right hand corner- on this document it says the mayors name is Domenico de Philips and the girl getting married has the surname de Filippis is there a difference in the surname(two different surnames) one with a Ph and one with F or could it be the same surname just spelling it differently (mistake?)on other documnents the mayor's name has been written as de Filippis--thought it unusual for this time period for any Italian to be using Ph in the name unless it's written in Latin, and if that's the case then why weren't both people's written the same way?
Just curious

Emmy

#2: Re: All is forgiven livio / could do with a bit of help Author: liviomorenoLocation: Rome (Italy) PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 1:20 pm
    ----
Emmy, I don't know the answer about the spelling of the name De Filippis.
This a death record of Carmina Vettese who died in Acquafondata on April 23 1821 aged 80. Carmina was the widow of Vincenzo Lanni, she was born in Vallerotonda to Alessandro and Caterina Todisco.
Declarers of her death were her son Giuseppe Lanni, aged 44 and her nephew (or grandson) Angelantonio de Filippis aged 22.

The certificate was released to Giuseppe Lanni on April 15 1823 for marriage purposes

-> Translations