Click Here to Print Page

Page Topic: I believe it's spanish, need translation, please
-> Translations

#1: I believe it's spanish, need translation, please Author: VincenzaLocation: Michigan PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 2:53 pm
    ----
I received this e-mail today. But I can't read it. Think it's in Spanish. I would appreciate some help, Please.

Thanks Vincenza

PROCURO DESCENDENTES DA FAMÍLIA ROMANDINI.
MEU AVÓ É DE ASCOLI PICENO.
SEU NOME ERA UMBERTO ROMANDINI,FILHO DE GIOVANNI ROMANDINI E CRISTINA TEDESCHI.
PARTIRAM NO VAPOR(RE UMBERTO)PROCEDENTE DE GENOVA.ÚLTIMA RESIDENCIA:ASCOLI PICENO.
DESEMBARQUE NO PORTO DE SANTOS,SÃO PAULO,BRASIL,NO DIA 06/11/1901.
GIOVANNI,MEU BISAVÓ NA ÉPOCA ESTAVA COM 37 AN0S,E MEU AVÓ,COM 6 ANOS.
ESSE RE UMBERTO DEVE SER, REI UMBERTO.
GRATA PELA ATENÇÃO.

#2: Re: I believe it's spanish, need translation, please Author: qnana PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 3:08 pm
    ----
I believe this is Portuguese. I'll give it a try.

I'm looking for the descendents of the Romandini family.
My grandfather was from Ascoli Piceno.
His name was Umberto Romandini, son of Giovanni Romandini and Cristina Tedeschi.
They left on the ship Re Umberto, leaving from Genova; last residence Ascoli Piceno.
They disembarked in the port of Santos, Sao Paolo, Brazil the 6th of Nov. 1901.
Giovanni, my great grandfather, was 37 at the time and my grandfather was 6.

The 2nd to last line I think says "It might be the Re Umberto is the Rei Umberto"
Thanks for your attention.

I hope this helps and doesn't hurt your search!!!!!!
qnana

#3: Re: I believe it's spanish, need translation, please Author: VincenzaLocation: Michigan PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 3:32 pm
    ----
Thanks for your help, qnana
I received another e-mail. Before I ever respond to the first. Hope you can help me again.

Thanks Vincenza

PROCURO DESCENDENTES DE MEU AVÓ FRANCISCO PUGLIESE,ELE É DE BRATIRO,PROVÍCIA DE CANTAZARO, ITÁLIA.
FILHO DE JOSÉ PUGLIESE E CATHARINA FURCHI.
PARECE QUE FUGIRAM PARA O BRASIL.
SEUS PAIS FICARAM NA ITÁLIA.
ELE VEIO PEQUENO COM OS IRMÃOS: MIGUEL QUE ERA CASADO NA ITÁLIA,DEIXOU ESPOSA E FILHOS,E JOSÉ.
NÃO TENHO MAIS INFORMAÇÕES.
GRATA PELA ATENÇÃO.
NA CERTIDÃO DE CASAMENTO CONSTA, BRATIRO,NÃO SEI SE EXISTE ESSE NOME.
PORQUE JÁ PROUREI NO MAPA E NÃO ACHEI.
SEM MAIS INFORMAÇÃO.
GRATA PELA ATENÇÃO

#4: Re: I believe it's spanish, need translation, please Author: qnana PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 3:56 pm
    ----
I'll give it another try altho' it would be nice if a Portuguese speaker checked this!

I'm seeking descendants of my grandfather, Francisco Pugliese, he is from Bratiro, Province of Catanzaro, Italy.
Son of Jose (Giuseppe) Pugliese and Catarina Furchi.
It seems they left (fled?) for Brazil.

SEUS PAIS FICARAM NA ITÁLIA. He was driven from their town in Italy (??????????????????????????? I don't trust my translation!!)

He saw little of his brothers: Michele was married in Italy, his wife (Deixou??) and sons and Jose.

Thanks for your help.

The writer is not sure of the name Bratiro as he couldn't find it on a map without more information. (Not at all sure of this translation)

Thanks for your help.

Oh, Vincenza, I do apologize as I don't think this is right but maybe it gives you something to go on.

qnana

#5: Re: I believe it's spanish, need translation, please Author: Cathy PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 11:29 am
    ----
I think maybe he means Briatico. Briatico is a coastal town now in Vibo Valentia (which was Catanzaro before the 1990's). It's near Tropea.

-> Translations