Click Here to Print Page

Page Topic: James did have a father and mother...
-> Non-Italian Genealogy

#1: James did have a father and mother... Author: JoeBLocation: Chicago Area PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 11:37 pm
    ----
1851 England Census / Hyde, Cheshire, England

Name: James Blackwell
Estimated Birth Year: abt 1827
Relation: Son
Father's Name: Samuel
Mother's Name: Ann
Where born: Hyde, Cheshire, England

Civil Parish: Glossop
Ecclesiastical parish: Whitfield
Town: Howard
County/Island: Derbyshire

Registration district: Hayfield
Sub-registration district: Glossop
ED, institution, or vessel: 1b
Neighbors: View others on page
Household schedule number: 90
Household Members:
Name Age
Samuel Blackwell 46
Ann Blackwell 47
James Blackwell 24
William Blackwell 22
Jane Blackwell 20
Henry Blackwell 18
Samuel Blackwell 15
Charles Blackwell 13
Mary Blackwell 11
Hannah Blackwell 7
Fredrick Blackwell 5

Source Citation: Class: HO107; Piece: 2152; Folio: 54; Page: 28; GSU roll: 87785.

#2: Re: James did have a father and mother... Author: nucciaLocation: Toronto, Ontario, Canada PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2009 5:35 am
    ----
Joe is this the record you have been looking for?

I was at the library the other day and logged onto ancestry and it was so strange. I plugged in my surname and a record I had never seen before popped up (I needed it so that was good) but all the other records were gone. I guess they are upgrading the site.

#3: Re: James did have a father and mother... Author: JoeBLocation: Chicago Area PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2009 11:10 am
    ----
nuccia wrote:
Joe is this the record you have been looking for?

I was at the library the other day and logged onto ancestry and it was so strange. I plugged in my surname and a record I had never seen before popped up (I needed it so that was good) but all the other records were gone. I guess they are upgrading the site.

Hi Nuccia,
Actually I've been looking for James' Death Certificate. I ran across this census for the first time and was amazed to find his entire family. It was quite a breakthrough. I paid Ancestry $29.95 for a 30 day peak at their records. Is it free at the local library? I did notice (since my last $29.95 splurge about 8 months ago) that the Ancestry layouts and record presentations are much easier to work with, especially if you have your family tree on Ancestry (that's free). Maybe they were doing a database upgrade while you were at the library? BTW, You mentioned your mom was in the hospital... How is she doing?

Joe

#4: Re: James did have a father and mother... Author: nucciaLocation: Toronto, Ontario, Canada PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2009 12:38 pm
    ----
Hi Joe,

Thats great about you finally finding that record. Its always nice when you have a breakthrough.

Yes, its free at the local library and at your FHC. The features on ancestry have changed and they are upgrading again. Mom is doing better thanks. Just talked her now and she seems to be doing well.

-> Non-Italian Genealogy