Click Here to Print Page

Page Topic: 65 Years Ago Today--June 6, 1944
-> General Discussion Groups

#1: 65 Years Ago Today--June 6, 1944 Author: Biff83Location: Florida PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2009 11:38 am
    ----
Take a minute today to remember, honor and pray for those men and women whose courage and sacrifices preserved the freedom we enjoy today.

Normandy American Cemetery

Biff

#2: Re: 65 Years Ago Today--June 6, 1944 Author: EmmyLocation: Scotland PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2009 1:18 pm
    ----
You're right Biff. Some of the veterans who did survive had travelled back to Normandy to be there on the beaches where it all took place and it was soo sad to see this old man down on his knees letting the sand on that beach run through his fingers. I just thought May God Bless him,he must be reliving all those horrible memories that has lasted a lifetime for him. I know my sister's husband told me that he would never forget seeing three of his friends being killed. We certainly do have a lot to thank them for and we should never forget just what they suffered for us. I only pray when the
children of today have history lessons in school that they will taught in a way in which the pupils will remember the lesson not just as a story but as it being a very special gift to them from all those people who suffered and gave up their lives so they have freedom today.
God Bless
Emmy

-> General Discussion Groups