Click Here to Print Page

Page Topic: Letter to Nebbiu...Can't write it
-> Translations

#1: Letter to Nebbiu...Can't write it Author: JoeBLocation: Chicago Area PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2009 1:25 pm
    ----
Dear Carole, another translation request from Joe B.

06 Jun 2009

Dear Maria,

Thank you for responding and I hope you are feeling better. I too hope we can return to Nebbiù, however, the US dollar is so weak at this time I’m afraid the trip will have to wait. I would love to meet your family. During our visit in 1999 we met with a Giovanni who was at the time Head of Construction for Valle Di Cadore. He took us to meet Lugina in Valle Di Cadore who was my 2nd cousin according to Giovanni. I’m so sorry I didn’t ask for their surnames. I just thought you might have known them.

It has been so nice hearing from you. Perhaps we may meet at some future time.

Sincerely,

Grand Daughter of Francesco Romano De Maso and Giuseppina Del Favero

Marilyn

P.S. I can’t call you because neither my husband nor I speak Italian. A good friend in Italy is translating this letter for me. Find attached a photo of the two of us during our visit in 1999. Of course we’re much older now and not showing those pictures.

#2: Re: Letter to Nebbiu...Can't write it Author: CaroleLocation: Valtellina - Near Lake Como PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2009 5:10 pm
    ----
JoeB wrote:
Dear Carole, another translation request from Joe B.

06 Jun 2009

Dear Maria,

Thank you for responding and I hope you are feeling better. I too hope we can return to Nebbiù, however, the US dollar is so weak at this time I’m afraid the trip will have to wait. I would love to meet your family. During our visit in 1999 we met with a Giovanni who was at the time Head of Construction for Valle Di Cadore. He took us to meet Lugina in Valle Di Cadore who was my 2nd cousin according to Giovanni. I’m so sorry I didn’t ask for their surnames. I just thought you might have known them.

It has been so nice hearing from you. Perhaps we may meet at some future time.

Sincerely,

Grand Daughter of Francesco Romano De Maso and Giuseppina Del Favero

Marilyn

P.S. I can’t call you because neither my husband nor I speak Italian. A good friend in Italy is translating this letter for me. Find attached a photo of the two of us during our visit in 1999. Of course we’re much older now and not showing those pictures.

Hope this is OK for you Joe....

Translation:

Cara Maria,
Mille grazie per la sua risposta e spero che ora senti meglio. Spero anche che possiamo tornare a Nebbiù, comunque, in questi giorni il dollaro e cosi debole che ho paura che il viaggio dovrà aspettare. Mi farei molto piacere conoscere la tua famiglia. Durante la nostra visita nel 1999 abbiamo conosciuto un Giovanni che era, al epoca, il Direttore del Costruzione per il Valle Di Cadore. Lui ci ha portato ad incontrare Luigina in Valle Di Cadore che, secondo a Giovanni, era la mia seconda cugina. Mi dispiace adesso di non aver chiesto i loro cognomi. Pensavo che può darsi li conoscevi. E cosi piacevole di ricevere la vostra notizie. Può darsi nel futuro possiamo incontrarci.

Cordiali saluti,

La nipote di Francesco Romano De Maso e Giuseppina Del Favero

Marilyn

P.S. Non posso chiamarla perche ne io ne il mio marito parliamo l’italiano. Unamica in Italia sta traducendo questa lettera per me. Allegato trovi un foto di noi due durante la nostra visita in 1999. Sicuramente siamo più vecchi adesso ma non facciamo vedere delle foto corrente…

#3: Re: Letter to Nebbiu...Can't write it Author: JoeBLocation: Chicago Area PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2009 5:50 pm
    ----
Thanks so much Carole, I am indebted to you. Joe

-> Translations