Click Here to Print Page

Page Topic: How long should I wait?
-> General Discussion Groups

#1: How long should I wait? Author: ElevenLocation: New York PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2009 10:42 am
    ----
In two days, it will be a month since I sent my letter to italy, for a couple of records.

This is how it worked in the past for this particular town.

16 years ago, I got no reply. I believe I sent those international coupons (or whatever they were called) with the request.

About 10 years ago, I took another chance this time, sending a 10 dollar bill with the request for two lookups. I got the info in exactly 2 weeks.

I would then send for another two, then another two. It always took 2 weeks almost to the day.

During the next 5-6 years, I sent for a record two more times. Once more..two weeks.

Since then, I sent for nothing.

I sent a request looking for a birth document. I had the name and the month and year of birth. I also asked for the birth record of the father of this person, thinking once they pulled her record, his name and age would be there.

It has been a month..no reply. I wondered if it was because of the request for the fathers info.

I thought I could also get this info at the FHL, which I just realized, that I cant since the womans birth was in 1881 and the FHL records begin at 1865, I think.

I want to send another request just asking for hers..then send another time for the fathers..but, I dont know how long I should wait.

What do you guys think?

#2: Re: How long should I wait? Author: ItalysearcherLocation: Sora, Italy PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2009 12:03 pm
    ----
What is the town?

#3: Re: How long should I wait? Author: ElevenLocation: New York PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2009 2:47 pm
    ----
Rionero in Vulture

#4: Re: How long should I wait? Author: ItalysearcherLocation: Sora, Italy PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2009 2:52 pm
    ----
Wait two more weeks for postal delays then email the Mayor.
sindaco @ comune.rioneroinvulture.pz.it

#5: Re: How long should I wait? Author: ElevenLocation: New York PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2009 6:59 pm
    ----
Ok, but then someone is going to have to post me something to write..lol..because I use the form letters when I mail them. I could never email in Italian, on my own.

-> General Discussion Groups